Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: derby results

5000 Ice Fisherman, Wonder how many Salmon got killed this past weekend??????????? Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

I am sure there were a some Dave. But speaking for our group that fished for two days and had an average of 10 fishermen.....the number of salmon caught was "Zero". We as a matter of fact only caught one fish..a white perch...on tip ups. Did catch a handful of lakers on Sunday jigging sucker meat.

I want to point out that the fact that we did not hook into even one salmon can also be telling as I know most the guys were running a line just under the ice hoping to catch a rainbow.! In past derbies that has usally resulted in some salmon hitting the lines.

So as bad as the catching was we all had a good time fishing and catching up with some of the guys we only see at the Derby.
Hope others had better luck.

LOL Dave
5000 Ice Fisherman, Wonder how many Salmon got killed this past weekend??????????? Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

DAve, I had the same thought but then relized the 5000 ice fisherman were spread over many NH lakes so maybe not so bad.

Big John