Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deep Cycle Batteries.

Need to buy 2 new Deep Cycle batteries.. Don't really want to spend $200 a piece on them (I rarely fire up the trolling motor). Any thoughts on a decent Brand? I don't want Wal-Mart (Everstart) and Can't afford Trojans/Optimas.. Thanks in advance for the advice..

-Tight Lines

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries.

Ralph Phillips
Need to buy 2 new Deep Cycle batteries.. Don't really want to spend $200 a piece on them (I rarely fire up the trolling motor). Any thoughts on a decent Brand? I don't want Wal-Mart (Everstart) and Can't afford Trojans/Optimas.. Thanks in advance for the advice..

-Tight Lines

Ralph,

I've had good luck with Walmart, forget how much they cost though, I don't think too much ????

I like to feel confident at 4:00 in the mornin that the boat will crank over well, plus all the elctronics some of us run, etc. might be worth it to buy the "correct" battery. Overkill is not a problem as far as batteries go.

I still carry a battery pack in case it's needed, when you have a dead battery at 4:00 am, might as well go home.

Big John

I went to Interstate Battery in Merrimack. They had used batteries that were under warranty. I spent $60 for 2 instead of the original price of $187. They are working great so far.

Good luck

I would say Interstate as well, John that runs the shop will hook you up nicely. Thats whats in my boat.

-Scott

Don't know where you live but any week now Consumer Auto Parts(CAP) usually runs a spring special on Exide Nautilus batteries.

We've had good luck on the tubb with the walmart marine batteries, nice thing about those is that if something goes wrong in the first year, you bring it back (keep your receipt) and you get a brand new one. after a year they pro-rate the price. We've also used the napa brand marine batteries and have had good luck. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave Who's heading over my Mom's to eat some PIG LOL

Got a Sears Die hard marine battery last year for about $65. When you get a new battery it's a good idea to give it a trickle charge.

Salty

Thanks for the input guys..