(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Weekend Fishing Report

fishRman
Got out on the water both days this weekend.

Friday night I had some great hospitality on Bear Island. Saturday morning we were up early and hit the water at 6 AM. By 7:00 the first salmon of the year hit the decks of my boat. It was a nice fat 17" fish very healthy. From there on we picked away at them until we got blown off the lake at 10 AM. The waves really started kicking up and my 17' boat had had enough. Plus it was snowing sideways and very cold. Total for the day was 3 salmon in the boat with another 4 or 5 long distance releases. Also caught a monster smallmouth bass. There was no one hot color lure, fish were caught on all different colors.

Sunday I hit up squam lake and we threw every trick in the book at them. My partner got one hit that was not boated. We got squamed!!!

One small Bow on the Barge Sunday, 4 lines/8 hours, most others were Squamed or got 1 fish if they were lucky.

Been very slow at Squam, water still mid to high 40's on the surface.

Going down into the 20's at night this week, looks like a good week to try and clean the boat, install a few new goodies and fix a few things.

Big John