Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sun, Jeffries report

Mark (ImIn), and myself, went out with Cap't Thomas and a friend for his shakedown cruise. It was around 38 degrees when we left his slip after stocking his boat with necessary fishing essentials. Thomas immediately discovered that his GPS/ chartplotter was not working. We were all hot to go, so Thomas said we would go anyway with a map & compass. We got out to Northern Jeffries, dropped jigs and immediately brought up cod, although not the size we expected on Thomas' boat. I should note here that there was a cool 40 minute shower as we started to fish. Being previously spoiled by Thomas and a little frustrated, I suggested he send Mark under the console to look at the back of his plotter. Thomas agreed and within a couple minutes, Mark surfaced and the plotter was working. After a couple of high fives. Thomas raced a few miles to one of his honey holes and the big (15 to 20 lbers) started coming over the gunnels. We had many triples and non stop quads on several drifts. Mark definitely had the hot rod yesterday, but we all caught plenty of fish. We limited out on Cod in a few hours and added some good size haddock to the coolers. Around 3:30, all of us were both sore and tired. We headed back to the slip on fairly calm seas. The trip had the added bonus of seeing a couple Humpies several times, not to mention a pair of porpoises a few times.
Thanks for a great start to the 2010 Salt season Thomas.
Pic to follow.
Richard

Re: Sun, Jeffries report

Photobucket

Mark (ImIn) with a typical haddock & cod from yesterday.

What a blast !!! We caught sooooo many Cod my arm's were sore. I could barely hold the fish up for the pictures.
There was some HOT action.I dont know how many times I dropped my jig and as soon as it hit bottom...Fish ON! !! Richard did well also he caught 1 of the biggest Cod for the day and at one time he had double keepers. One on the jig & one on the teaser !!!
Thanks for inviting me I had a ball!! Thomas {I know you read this} You are the CODFATHER !!!!!!!

Mark

I know that it is a cod in the left hand, but it doesn't look like a haddock in the right hand?????

Louis

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nice job Mark, now you need to duplicate that catch on Winni with a couple 5’s

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gus

WOW, sounds like a super day, I know Thomas is a great Captain but good electronics some times can make a dent day even better.. I give him credit for venturing out without them.

I love that "Thomas, you are The CODfather".

Big John

Thanks Gus. A couple 5's sounds good. But I'd have to say 1 #9 from Champ would be GREAT !!!!!
That's what I'm lookin for !!!

Mark