(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thursday On Winni

NineAcreGuy
Long time reader. First time poster. I have always been curious about Moultonborough Bay and whether or not I should head down that way. We have always headed toward Sandy and Welch. Is the spring Salmon and Lake Trout fishing pretty good in the bay, and do they hold in that hole off of Geveva Point through the summer as well? Curious. Thanks!

I just started fishing last year but have fished Moult. Bay a lot because it's close by. I catch 2-3 salmon/rainbow a day in the spring but not much after mid May. After mid May I tried around Welch,Sandy, Diamond, and the Broads and had 3 times as many strikes. I've seen a lot of bait fish on the sonar in the hole off Geneva Pt. all year but never had much luck. I think the hole is too small to keep the fish happy when the water starts warm and they head out to the Broads. Never trolled a laker in Moult. Bay but took a couple through the ice. So in my limited experience there are fish there but I think you can do better elsewhere especially when it warms up.