Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Ontario LOC Report

We wanted to fish Wednesday-Sunday for the LOC, but the winds had a different plan. We were fishing the western end of the lake around Wilson to the Niagra Bar. Wednesday, we fished 6 hrs, 1 for 3. Thursday, 10 hrs, 7 for 10. Friday, 10 hrs, 10 for 16. Saturday, 2.5 hrs. 5 for 8. Sunday home. Total 22 Kings biggest 21.5 lbs. 1 Lake Trout, 19.4 lbs. Kings weren't big enough for the board, but the Lake Trout is in 15th place and the largest Lake Trout for Friday. Most days were extremely windy including Saturday morning topping it off with 10-12' capping waves forcing us off. Fall Salmon should be huge.

Photobucket

Roland's 19.4lbs, 37 inch Lake Trout caught yanking copper.
Photobucket

Lena's King 21.5 lbs Green paddle Hammer Glow Fly

Re: Lake Ontario LOC Report

You guys (gal) make us all jealous, you are one super fishin couple. Nice fish.

Let me know when you are going to Lake X (Squam, ha,ha) again.

Big John

Thanks for the report Woods n, Water.
Maybe some of the kings will be as far east as Fairhaven where we'll be fishing for browns.
Any advice is welcomed knowing your experience.
Cal

Hi Cal for us the Kings were in 150-200 FOW. I had the riggers set at 83 feet down and 50 feet down each had a cheater 11 feet up. One rigger was 80 back and the other was 60 back. The rigger worked best for us with NK 28's Black with orange stripe, and black with purple stripe. Our wire rods were working good with green e-chip paddles with hammer flies. The wires were working good at 125 to 175 feet out, dipsey set on 3 setting. Good luck hope you guy hook-up to big fish. Hope the seas settle for you. Roland

Thanks for the info Roland.
Looks like the wind will be good to us for much of the week.
Cal

White Cap
Thanks for the info Roland.
Looks like the wind will be good to us for much of the week.
Cal

I know you have allot of connections Cal, but do you have an in with the big guy upstairs too, lol ???

I've been trying to control the weather for years, never could figure it out, the weatherman can't either.

Big John

John if I told you how I do it, then it wouldn't work anymore. Sorry.
Cal

Great job and great report Lena & Roland.
Thanks for sharing.
Richard

jealous but good report roland

we skipped this weekend due to the weather , it will be nice next week !!!! hopefully the rfp crew pushes the browns east.

Rick you can be sure with Salty out on the Lake shouting and carrying on, most of the fish will be headed east, north, west, anywhere to get away, except for those that die laughing.
Cal :>)