Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Cheer

Hi everyone, this is my new favorite Christmas song this year! I sing it LOUD when I can! I was feeling SO depressed. This year I am taking kids for Christmas, first time in over 20 years we haven't spent Christmas together. But they all sucked because of him, I'd always feel an empty loneliness. So now I will fill that empty space with hope and faith. I listen to this song and in my mind sing it to him! It also helps me to be DETERMINED to not cry myself to sleep (listen, you'll see). The song is "Yule shoot your eye out" by Fall Out Boy. Here's a link to music with lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9V2m04QZw&feature=related

Also, not a Katy Perry fan, but her lyrics to a recent song got to me! The video is kind of weird so I didn't link it, but below are some lyrics I got from some website (don't know how accurate they are). I was having loads of negative self-thoughts and hearing the words made me feel to remember that spark is there, I have to ignite it and yeah, everyone will be like, wow! when I finally get to shine, when it all comes out, everything that's been shut away all these years.

So my Christmas wish to everyone is to feel that hope, get that strength in you to NOT CRY over him, find your spark, get ready for the new year, be determined to SHOCK everyone with how amazing you are (not how great you are handling your divorce, how strong you are and able to stand up to him, but how amazing YOU are, irrespective of HIM!!)

Here's to all of us, wishing for a very happy new year!

Here's some of the lyrics to the Katy Perry song:

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again

Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in

Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing

Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gonna leave 'em fallin' down

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road

Re: Christmas Cheer

Thanks! Your post made me feel better. I like the lyrics to the Katy Perry song. I have to have hope in them because right now I am feeling so sad. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and an even better New Year!!

Re: Christmas Cheer

Merry Christmas.

Lifting all here up for Christmas Healing,
as The Miracle of Jesus' Birth, also that we heal,
in HIS NAME.

AMEN