Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Merry X-Mas to me

I am sure we all in one way or another have given in to the mixed emotional temptations of lashing out at our spouses. Give yourself a break! I personally have found that the only counter reaction given when I have yielded to the temptations is either enraging my husband &/or validating his distorted perception that I'm the one with the issues! The important thing is to learn from the experience b/c throwing fuel on the fire so to speak may affect your settlement in the end. I have found that despite his behavior remaining calm & respectful, has made me proud of taking the high road & also has yielded a more then fair settlement for me in the end.

I did it, I did it, I did it, I really did it, Even though I had a rocky start and the name calling from both sides. My son had a wonderful night. My daughter and I did a bomb fire for my son. Let him roast marshmallows, he did not eat. My ex tried taking him for a few hours to make his night better but failed miserably. He took him to his moms house and my son asked to come home early. He actually wanted to be with his sister and mother. I was so happy. We laughed, we danced, we gave thanks to God for having us 3 together(my sons idea). I made it through our first Christmas and it was fun. Thank God. I can actually see the days without my ex in my life. Yeah,

Good for you! Yes, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Some days the tunnel is pretty foggy, but with each victory we are closer to our end goal.

LOL I didn't read all of your post, it's Christmas day & just returned home. But it made me smile!
I love it. Merry Christmas to me.
:)
AMEN & CHEERS!

I pray you had a good Christmas & I appreciate the Christmas cheers here!
God Bless!