Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christmas & the New Year

I was feeling sad & sorry for myself about 2 weeks ago. While I was at work that night a 39 yr. old male coded & had to have his chest cracked open at the bedside. I did CPR on this pt & subsequently participated in saving his life. Life doesn't get any better then that! I think of all of the twists & turns in life that led me to be in the right place, at the right time to give life. Despite the anguish I have gone through this past year+, I may not have become a nurse if I hadn't married my husband. I also have discovered how strong & independent I can be. I will never forget the look on that man's face when he was essentially clinically dead & 2 weeks later when he was preparing to go home for Christmas. I believe GOD spoke to me that night so that I could be a Blessing to this young man & in return I too could be Blessed. Thank GOD for all of the small and big miracles that take place in our daily lives, they are all around you! We all have the choice to enrich our lives, despite the many mixed emotions that accompany our experiences. May the New Year bring forth strength, healing & the ability to let go so we can recognize the Blessings that await all of us.

What a cool story! I admire you for the work you do. I know I would not be equipped for that type of work. You are right in that all of our experiences have molded us into the people we are today-the good and the bad For the parts of us we like we need to give thanks. For the other parts we are in a position now to become the person we want to be. May the new year bring you peace.

Thanks Becky,
Believe me, I do have my moments. I am trying so hard to change the channel so to speak every time I think of my husband as it just causes me pain. I get stuck in the why's without the conversation b/c I haven't spoken to my husband in a year. It makes me emotionally sick & I find that life is passing me by. Furthermore my husband has moved on & is enjoying himself with other women. I hope when my divorce is finalized it will bring closure. You deserve Peace too Becky. I suppose we have to nurture ourselves, knowing that we are doing the best we can. I pray for Peace every night. Tonight I will include you in my prayers.