Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What to do?

Hi,

I have split up with my husband more than 2 years ago and I am in a new relationship where I am happy. But officially we have not seperated yet.He lived in my house while I stayed at my mates house more and more until I only went back to get clean clothes.I asked him many times to move out but he refused.I started to look for a place of my own but I couldnt find anywhere affordable because I am a student.Every time we saw each other we just argued.We decided to keep the break up silent for a while due to personal circumstances.Anyway I went on holiday in december and while I was away he emailed me that he will finally move out of the house.I asked him when and what furniture he would take.He bought most of the furniture while we were married.He said he doesnt know the date yet but will let me know.He didnt let me know and when i called him and asked whats happening he told me he is waiting for the man with the van.anyway i asked him to leave the bed in the house as i will be traveling 24 hours to get back home from my holiday.he said ok no problem.
now guess what happened when i came back home from my holiday?i got to the house not thinking anything and opened the door and the whole house was empty.he has taken all the furniture,cooker,bed,sofa,tv,computer,duvets,pillows, fridge.the whole household.he has even taken the cooking salt from the cupboard.i was so tired from the flights that i just sat on the floor and started crying.he has left me with a small coffee table,2 chairs and the computer desk.i cant even cook in the microwave because he has taken that too.i dont actually know what to do because i have not much money to buy any furniture.my friend has given me a tv but its just a loan.i still have my laptop but only cos i had it with me.im not bothered that he has left cos im well over him i just cannot believe how he has left me with nothing at all.when i told him about the phone call where i asked for the bed he tried to get out by saying i must have spoken with someone else.does he really thing i am that stupid??
he then came back while i was trying to get a bed and left me a note saying he has to talk to me because he didnt like that i had slept on the floor.where the hell was i supposed to sleep when he took the bed?
i called him and yelled at him and called him every possible name under the sun but i think he is enjoying it.
is there any way i could get some of the furniture back?
sorry for venting all my trouble on here.just dont really know where else to do that.