Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my ex has a girlfriend how do i get over this?

Your ex is your ex for a good reason. Let her take the burden of all his issues. You are FREE whether you feel it or not right now. My ex set me free by his lies and cheating and I did not see it as being set free at first but....

I no longer tiptoe on is eggshells of issues.

I no longer have to deal with his lies and cheating and wondering what he is thinking or where he is.

My home is MY home.

I say and do what I want as my own person now. I get choices I never had before and do not have to live my life around a demanding, controlling person.

I smile when I get up and although the day is not always easy, I smile when I go to bed.

The poison in my life that was slowly killing me from the inside out is gone and I didn't even realize that I was dying until I felt the freedom of being me again.

Don't get me wrong...life is not all lemon drops and ice cream, but there is a heavy darkness that is not over my shoulders anymore, there is a peace that I can actually feel for once, a true peace not covered with lies, put downs, demands, selfishness, etc...

There was a sun on the other side of my storm that I could not see during all the rain...

Let him go, let her have what you never deserved...you know there is something better, but life is always a surprise...someday your sun is coming as well in some form or another.

Susan

Well said, Susan.

Believe me when I tell you things get better. The Flea(EX)left me for another woman, then swore to me, on my kids life, on his life, cried and begged that there was no one else. He told me, made me believe the divorce was for the better. After 3 months I found out he had been with big foot for a year and a half. It gets easier, specially when he sees how you are moving on without him, when you see how he can't even hold his own head up, when you see what type of a man he really is. I pity the life he has, he is poor pathetic excuse of a man now, Now I see how this woman did me a favor. Don't get me wrong there are days I see him and want to hug him and tell him everything will be ok, but there are days I say that's what you wanted. So hold your head up and soon you will see, good things come to those who wait. I believe in that......