Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scared

I might not be the right person to give you advice, but here it goes, I have been a housewife for all the time I have been married 22yrs more or less, but I was tired of living with a man, who thought I had no right to question his actions, his coming and goings, were his business and not mine. I got tired of living like this, I threw him out. I told him to leave. I am still not working, he is still supporting me, He is still paying my bills and he has a girlfriend. I know I will have to get a job one day, I am hoping this year I will. I was worried on how I was going to live, on how I was going to make it, since he was my provider,but guess what he still is and we are divorce. So far I had made his life not so easy but he still gives me the same amount of money every month. So don't sweat the little stuff if you can't live with him, then move on. Don't get me wrong the divorce still hurts, I am still in a roller coaster but some days I see things better than others. It does get easier each day. Take care of yourself, believe you can do anything you want and things will be better in the long run, I do believe I am better off.

Don't know if this helps or not but I have been suprized by the people that have shown their support for me during my divorce. People that were just someone that casually knows me have come up and said what a fool my ex was for leaving me and offered help. If you have talked about your home life at work maybe you have nothing to worry about and people will understand.

The second hardest thing you will ever experience is divorce-the hardest thing you will ever experience is a miserable marriage. If you've been supporting him anyway it seems as though you should be just fine without him. No jobs are ever 100% secure but if we live in constant fear of the what-ifs we will miss out on the great things in life. This is a great site with wonderful women. Keep us posted.