Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When the EX calls

I will be keeping an eye on this, please keep us updated.
My ex has always stated he wants me and that his life is falling apart without me. He is drinking now and yes his life is in bits because of it. However he strated drinking because I left. He was sober for 7 years before. Says he will stop the moment I tell him to.
Hes done some really awful things though since drinking.

Please let us know how things go. Good luck.

Just wondering, how long have you been seperated, not just divorced?

I was married for 27 years and separated for 4 months headed for divorce.

Kennedy, my impression from your post is that you would really like for this to work. The use of alcohol can destroy people's lives. I agree that he should have to first PROVE that he has changed, then you can consider getting back with him. He needs to be in counseling, AA, or whatever else. He needs to prove it over time. I also think you should get into counseling to help you with this process. If you do meet him I'd do it in a public place. Protect yourself until he has proven himself to you. If he is sincere about wanting to change, he will do it for himself, not for you. If he is just doing it to get you back, I would think the chances of it lasting aren't real good. If he truly is wanting to become a better person, all the more power to him. Good luck.