Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need advice

I would go in a heartbeat
One thing I hate the most is that these men who don't really care about their children get what they want. They bully us in our marriages (not in the sense that all of us were beat, but we feel like we HAVE to stay so that they/everyone will be happy) They bully us during the seperation/divorce and they make us believe that we have no choice when it comes to our kids all because of this little thing called "father's rights" We do have a choice, we are their Mothers. We are the ones who have cared for them since birth. I just stood up for what rights I do have. My ex's attorney truly HATES me. He looks down on me like I am some stupid lowly woman who has no clue. Then I walk in there knowing what I want and I strive to get it. I research and ask questions on every subject that has been thrown at me. Before any hearing I have looked up and spent hours searching for the answers I want. My attorney is good but he is no different than any other attonery they think we are dumb they tell us the options they want us to use. Sometime I think they just don't want us to know because they they have to do more work
Prepare! Prepare! Prepare!