Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I don't know what to do!

I have been with my husband for 6 years. This last year he up and moved us to Texas for a "better life." Once we got there I started to realize that he was changing from the sweet man I once knew to someone who was hurtful and disrespectful. During all of this he and I both started our new jobs and he found a new "friend" at work. I asked him about her because I found some flirty messages on facebook. He said that they were just friends and I need to stop worrying. As time went by, I started to feel distant from him. He wanted to go do things by himself, and he always told me that I was making myself unhappy and to get over it. Outside of all of our other problems, we were also trying to get pregnant as we had for the past three years. When the doctors told me that I couldn't have children, he was very unsupportive and told me that God didn't want me to have children. I decided to move back to my family in September so that he and I could prioritize our lives. I have since realized that I want to try to work things out with him, but he keeps telling me he "needs more time" to decide what he wants. I just feel helpless and hurt, and it just makes me sick. I left and I know that I shouldn't have at this time, because marriage is for better or for worse, but I made a mistake. I just don't know what to do at this point. I feel so lost and alone .

Re: I don't know what to do!

Hello. I read your post and it reminded me of some of the things I had went through with my ex. I still to this day question and analyze the time I was with him if it was me and I know now that now it was not me. I guess you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. My ex used to tell me the exact same things that was in your post when I had confronted him about the difference in his behavior and what "new" lady friends he had met. He told me it was in my head and not to worry. From the get go I knew he wasn't going to be faithful but I was in denial for a really long time. Later, our relationship and marriage had it's ups and downs and he was never supportive of me, never. I found him cheating on me in a similar circumstance like yours. Reading your post made feel like I am finally not alone and there are other women that unfortunately had to go through situations like this. My mother always told me to trust my gut no matter what and don't second guess it. She was right. It's a situation like this that will make you stronger and wiser. You did the right thing and got out of it because it didn't feel right. I wanted kids with my ex to but us not having kids was a blessing in disguise. Maybe not being able to have kids with your man may have been a blessing.You may want to get a second, or third opinion later. You may have a miracle baby when the timing is right with the right person. It sucks because a part of you will always love the person you invested all that time with. Life isn't over for you my dear. Have faith.