Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mediation tomorrow - no lawyer

I am so worried about tomorrows mediation. He has a very powerful lawyer and I don't have one at all. He is extremely contolling and manipulating and I tend to be a push-over. HELP!

Re: mediation tomorrow - no lawyer

Mediation Doesn't have to be the final say. DON'T agree to anything you aren't comfortable with. What isn't agreed to will go before a another Judge and he can make the Final decisions. If you can get lawyer before that date. Also it helps if someone goes with you for moral support. Good Luck, I'll be praying for you.

"I'm going to have to give this one some thought. What's next on the agenda?"

I did have an attorney, but both of our attorneys did a good job of making it as mutual as possible...trying to make it something we could BOTH live with. If his attorney is good, not just powerful, and has ANY ethics, he will do the same as long as you voice your concerns.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I did mediation, big mistake of my life. Even though I think I got the best part, He took a loan and which I was suppose to get half, but he decided he was going to pay for the credit card we had used together, it tuned out to be, he was paying the credit card bills he had with his new Big Foot and wanted to start with a clean slate with her. I was also pushed into giving him the holidays he wanted and how he wanted them. If I could totally do it all over, I would get a lawyer.