Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STBX avoiding being served resulting in high speed chase

Okay, I just want to know if stbx's behavior is typical or if it is uncommon. I told H that I filed for divorce. He told me, "I hope you find the peace and happiness your looking for." Well, his actions are not exactly matching his words. For two weeks now, the detective has been trying to serve him papers. The security at his work are cooperating for H and covering for him. H is also meeting friends away from work and getting rides to work...getting in undetected. Last week, the security called H on the cell to give him the head's up that the detective was in the parking lot right as he was getting ready to park. Long story short...It resulted in a 5 mile high speed chase. The detective backed off because he didn't want to either of them to get into an accident.
Now at home (yes, we're still under the same roof), he acts like we're one big happy family...he acts too happy. Very strange...creepy.

Have any of your stbxes demonstrated behavior like this? I have a feeling I'm in for a long haul if he is making serving the papers difficult. UGH!!!!

Re: STBX avoiding being served resulting in high speed chase

Oh yes! My stbx was downright scarey. When I told him papers were going to be served, he went into the building on our property, where he runs his business, locked the doors, put black trash bags over all the windows and sat in the dark all day. He would come in at night. This went on for a couple of days. When he told me he was getting an assault rifle, I called my lawyer and told her to hold off. I didn't want the process server to get hurt. The lawyer ended up having the sheriff's office serve the papers. Two of them came here. Fortunately, they caught him off guard and he let them in because his part time employee was working that day and there was no problem.

That was 6 months ago. We're now waiting for him to get the money together to buy my share of the property. He's staying here and I'll move closer to my daughter. Still not home free yet, but it's much, much better than it was back when the papers were going to be served.

Good luck and best wishes to you.