Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: update on phone call

Glad everything is getting taken care of. Meeting in a public place is a great way to do it. Don't know what it is with them acting like everything is good. I personally think it's their need to kid themselves that if we can be okay with it (still their friend, whatever) that they didn't do anything wrong.

My counselor gives me Gold Stars for making good decisions for myself. You get 10 for keeping yourself busy last night.

Hope today goes as well as it can. Hang in there.

The whole "happy" thing is so annoying! Jerk will also act like everything is honky dory (is that how you'd spell that?). So, if everything is so wonderful, why did our son call me when he was staying with his dad concerned his dad had too much to drink? In my situation Jerk blamed me for everything that was bad in his life. Well, he still has many of the same problems. I don't believe for a minute everything is OK in his world. However, he no longer has the responsibilities associated with having a family and for him that was more than he could handle, which is REALLY sad.

As for you, ctwc, good for you for taking your happiness into your own hands by keeping yourself busy and making plans to ward off loneliness. Let us know how it goes.

"My counselor gives me Gold Stars for making good decisions for myself. You get 10 for keeping yourself busy last night."

cool idea!

The yoga is good & I think it's pretty normal to go through a lot when divorcing.

I'm fixing steaks, talked to a few friends on the phone & listened to music, exercised, etc..
The weather isn't all that great today (cold & snowy)..
It does help I think to do things we enjoy.

Good for you on the yoga & getting out!