Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can I requst to stop my divorce even though I didn't file it?

I agree, if he doesn't want to be with you, I would say, GOODBYE!

The thoughts I am having recently of my ex h are not pleasant.. All the lies, broken promises.. Anyways, if it were me, I would let him go, grieve the loss & know that it can only get worse (trust me I know) if you stick with someone that does not want you around! There ARE good people out there.

There are, "marriage stander," groups, online..
You might try going to one of these to get some support? There are some who do take this route.
Maybe if you check one of them out & share there what you are going through they can help you sort it out.
I went to one for awhile earlier on in my marriage, but when I realized it was pretty much a waste (& eventually they pretty much told me that it was Not ok his continual discarding me.. ) I was able to deal with letting go. There are several (or were) & it was very helpful. Some spouses (& ex's) do stand & hold tight.. what is useful I think is that it is a support place where you can at least share with others who are taking a similar stance.
I don't see anything wrong with it, but in my case after NUMEROUS discards by the ex, I decided to give him his hearts desire.. a divorce.
Not what I wanted but, I didn't matter (to him).. so now divorced! Anyways, give it a try.. it can't hurt!
They can probably help you sort out what to do...

Sorry but California has a no fault divorce, and if you don't sign the papers or you do, he will get the divorce in 6 month or a yr. It does not matter if you want it or not. If he filled and that is what he wants, that is what he is going to get. I know, I live in California. Sorry. If papers were filed and he already signed them all you can do is go with it. Or you will get royally screw.