Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Never Seen This Coming!!!

So I guess I am posting because I don't think anyone in the world knows how I feel. Stbx has done things and said things that I never seen coming. We have known each other since we were 16 so I thought I knew him and it turns out I dont know him at all. It all started when we moved into our new house together and our son was only about 10 months old. He would not help me with our son at all. I was trying to hold a full time job, take care of our son, and the house, and him in all ways. When we first moved in I would cook for him every night. Then I found out I was pregnant again. The pregnancy with my daughter was extremely hard and he still would not help at all financially or physicaly. She was born 6 weeks early and had to stay in the hospital for 10 days on a feeding tube. During this we stayed in a hotel so we could be near the hospital, and he was great. He went up there for every feeding and helped me through the worst of it. Then when we came home it was back to normal, no help at all. Needless to say with a 14 month old and a newborn and the house and a full time job, I did my fair share of griping and ******** at him for not coming home until all hours of the night. Finally I kicked him out. I wanted to try to work out our problems. Then here comes the worst of it.........
In the last two 1/2 months he has done absulutely nothing for his kids at all. I asked for diapers and formula and have still yet to get it and when I ask he tells me I am throwing stuff in his face. I also find out that he is starting to see his first daughters mother again and he lies and denies it whole heartedly. (I think that is what hurts me the most among him not doing anything for his kids) He is also letting her "spank" my kids at 16 months old (which he denies again) He is also telling me that he has lost some love for me because I did not act the way he wanted me to. He has told me he wanted a divorce. I am beginning to hate him. I dont know how to feel except for numb.

Re: Never Seen This Coming!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your challenges. Two babies is a LOT to handle. My stbx never helped either, but my kids were spaced a bit more so that made it doable. Have you filed for divorce? Is there a stipulation in place for support for the kids? If not, get that ASAP. Jerk chose not to help out for a couple of months, too, but soon decided that he'd rather pay up than face a judge. Hate and anger help us through this. Your emotions are normal. Hugs.

He has four kids and doesnt take care of any of them. No divorce filed yet.....wanted to reconcile until I found out he was seeing his daughters mother again.... Just waiting for the right time to strike I think. He pays just enough child support to keep his license which is what he will probably do with these two.

What will change if you file now or later? I'm not familiar with all of the legalities, but I guess I'd be seeing an attorney and trying to find out what can be done to get support for those babies. Good luck.