Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cheating husband

Sometimes losing that money is worth it to gain your self respect. I had to choose to. I had it both ways. In the beginning we had nothing. We struggled around every turn to pay the bills, funny those were the days we were happy. Then he got a great job and brought home great paychecks. I had what I wanted when I wanted it and didn't have to work. I was miserable. He was miserable. He drank, cheated and took away my self respect. I knew about a few of the affairs but chose to ignore them. My life was comfortable, I was scared to leave. But in the end I was the most important thing to me. If I wasn't happy then how was I going to raise my children to be happy? So I kicked him out. I had NO IDEA how i was going to support us. Not to the standards me and the boys were used to. Child support helps but it is no where near what I needed. I had to sell my 2009 brand new fully loaded Tahoe :( give up the biweekly nail trips and cut down on A LOT of my shoe shopping
I am happier now. I am making it on my own. Working full time, busting my a$$ to pay rent, buy food and clothes for the kids but in the long run I am happier now then I was when I had the money.

Lisa you are my hero. Thank you. I had the same thing. I helped the flea become the man, he was. As soon as he got the job of his dream I was no longer the woman he wanted. He made my life miserable, running around with woman,and then being the adoring husband when he got caught, when I finally got fed up I threw him out. He moved in right away with the office wh*re. He has been out of my house since March last year. I been feeling sorry for myself since the yr. started, seeing how they are still celebrating who knows what, going here and there, taking my son with them. Spending money I thought should be spent in me and my family, Now I find out I was not the only woman who turned away a man that could give her everything and still survive. Thank you. Please email and let me know more or your story I am really interested ladyrb1@hotmail.com
if it is okay with you I would like to hear how you are doing and see what I can learn from you. Thank you Rosie

Thank you. I'll email you soon. It's been a long hard road. There are days I still feel sorry for myself. I just realized that we all have pity parties. It's okay! As long as you don't let it get you down to much. Sometimes I call my friend and just cry to her. I tell her every injustice I feel ( even if it is that I was stuck behind that one person who has 15 items in the 10 or less line) She just lets me go off...then she tells me I'm nuts and we laugh.
We all have a story to tell, mine is a long drawn drama.

Hey, Kate, many of us understand your dilemma. My story is quite different than the cheating husband, but I more than understand being poor. Lisa nailed it, though. Cut back, think about where every penny is spent, work hard. I'm filing bankruptcy-royally stinks. Never in my wildest imagination did I think I'd be here. But I am here and the kids and I will be OK. Self-respect is essential and I can go to sleep every night content with myself. Happiness is important, money is money as long as your basic needs are met. Let us know how you're doing.