Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
God is Good

So many things happened today. I won't fill up too much space (even though I love writing and reading long messages...) but I want to get this across!! I was NOT raised religious, my beliefs are my own based on experience. So I guess this is for those of you who do not believe in a higher power. From my experiences, there is (no doubt about it) something greater than us. I questioned my faith but sent the irrational question away. Why think in "what ifs"? Just focus on what "is". So many doors opened today. Yours will open too. Never stop noticing the little things...that'fuxs where the answers lie...

Re: God is Good

So true Strongspirit. I'm glad things are looking up for you. Email me let me know all the details (haven't heard from you in a while and have been worried)

Share the good news!!! I can use some right about now. I am glad things are looking up for you. Share with us. I always enjoy your post.

Yes! God is good...opening doors for me too...started working Tuesday after being unemployed since October and tomorrow I am looking at a new place to live...

I am the recently separated woman who lives right next door to her crazy X who is parading with other woman....DID I MENTION RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!!

But, look at GOD! I am beginning to feel so much better!!

congrats on the new job and best wishes in finding a new place!

Thanks.

Yeah! You deserve it. They say good things come to those who wait. Unfortunately I'm more of a "God grant me patience-but hurry" kind of person. Please do tell. I could use a little hope right now.

Thanks all for the support, and I am so glad others are experiencing this too! You asked for it so here is the long message!! OK, so I was feeling REALLY bad, going crazy. stbx went on 2 day alcohol/cocaine/marijuana binge. I had been on the fence wondering if I could stick it our or not. This happened, I just thought...I'm done. I called 2 lawyers and made appointments, called a therapist and made appointment. I had applied to go back to school and still hadn't heard. (Talk about IMPATIENCE, this is for sure my biggest weakness!) I was SO depressed. I asked God WHY stbx had to get so messed up. I seriously wished he was dead. I said I try and try, I do what I think God wants me to do, but nothing changes. I had a thought that God has forgotten about me or just doesn't exist. I quickly put it out of my mind. I said of course God exists, we all know the story Footprints, I am being carried, I have to have patience and faith. But wow was my soul beat. My charger on my laptop caught fire while I was using it, thank goodness I was using it and not asleep or my house would be gone. My guardian angel kept me up that night, I guess that stress had a purpose! My first lawyer appointment got cancelled. It turned out fine. I had a dentist appointment right before. Something went wrong and I was delayed an extra 1/2 hour, which would have made me miss the lawyer appointment. Dentist asked if I was OK on time. I said yes, I had somewhere to be but it got cancelled so actually I am good. Next day I went to appointment with different lawyer. He was awesome. He will help me! I can get him out of house, I can file, he will make him do drug test if he wants unsupervised visitation. he has worked on cases before with people who are self employed and knows the tricks they use to hide money and had suggestions of what to do to protect me and kids. He asked me to sign nothing. he said he is not about pressuring his clients, to take my time, read things over. he signed his name and gave me the papers to take. I think this had to happen, I have a feeling the other lawyer (rescheduled for next week) might ask me to sign things, now I know I don't have to. This lawyer made me feel very much like me and kids will be protected. he did say he can't guarantee anything. I found him to be honest and not condescending at all. I'll still meet with the other just to get another opinion, but I am pretty sure I'll go back to this one. I'll file for divorce next week! stbx has been begging for another chance, went to AA meeting. I told lawyer this, told him I want to file, work out the divorce so when he messes up again, it can be quick. he said I can do this, I can file and let the papers sit until I am ready, it's OK. So this pain is over. He either never uses drugs again (which I doubt, but even so, I still don't want to stay with him, but at least until the divorce is final I'll have some peace) or he screws up but all will be in place and I can get the divorce pretty quick. It's done. I have taken back control and will NOT suffer the consequences of his actions anymore. I cannot tell you how good it feels when he begs me to take him back and I say NO. When he promises to make me happy and be my best friend and I say I make me happy not him, and no thanks, I don't need friends like him. So then I went to work and checked email and found out my school application has been looked at and I have been invited to interview (this is for a PhD program at an Ivy League school, if I get in, school is paid for plus I get a stipend, the goal is so I can research brain cancer, hope to help children). Wow. Me??? Doing this??? I have been thinking about it for years, coming up with every excuse for why I cannot do this. But I got signs to try so I decided what the heck, I'll just apply and see what happens. If I get in, awesome, if not, well, dream a new dream. If I don't majorly screw up the interview, I should get an offer. I couldn't believe it. I went to tell my boss. We just chatted about work first before I told her, and she told me I am going to be first author on the scientific article she is writing up on the results of our latest research. Wow again. I just felt like God had tried me, tested my patience and my faith, and decided to say, OK, you have done well, you didn't let your faith go away, you didn't conduct immoral behavior, you passed the test, here are your rewards. It feels like my whole life turned around in a matter of a day. Now I am going to focus on the positive, let go of all the crap in my past. OK, I was miserable for 20 years, but now have the rest of my life to be happy. Stbx had his fun for 20 years, now has the rest of his life to be miserable. The tables have turned and I am in the better position. I could write a book about all of the signs I have gotten that really let me know there is something watching over me. I just KNOW it in my heart. We receive messages that God/angels/whatever you believe in communicate with us all the time. Keep your eyes open, keep your heart open, you will see and feel it. Always know you are not alone, always remember God loves you, always believe in yourself and your abilities, never give up, especially when you feel broken and afraid. That is the time to pray harder. My future will not be easy, it will be very challenging, but SO worth every minute. Yesterday was the first day since I can remember that I truly felt in every cell of my body...that it is good to be alive!

I am so happy for you. God is good. When you start to feel down remember this moment and hold on to it.

Thanks (((Lisa H))), I will email you soon, I always love to hear from you!

So are your cheeks read from pinching yourself to make sure it's not a dream? WoW! Good for you, good for your kids. And good for us. This gives us all hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, God and the angels are watching over us. There are signs and I have seen them. But I am not very patient...thanks for the hope you have given me today.

Strongspirit, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING! I am so happy for you.. as I am reading I wanted to get a bottle of champaign & celebrate..

Your story is inspiring, yes..

& GOD IS AMAZING!

You bet, what I have found is through the pain, pushing THROUGH it, in faith & obeying God (this is how I feel I need to do it), then I am shown a lot if I remain true to GOD.. & what His Will For me.

I bet you are on cloud 9.

GOD IS AWESOME!