Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: So scared:

You are so right stongspirit. I have been separated and going through the divorce the process for only 6 months. But, I am lonely and worry about being alone yet I am only 40. But, I refuse to make the same mistake I made with my marriage. I was with him for 15 years and married for 10 years and in that time I lost myself in him. If he was happy then I was happy. What is that all about? I don't want to be alone but, I know I need to so I can learn to love myself first. Also, my therapist sent me a post from a website about not looking for love and just being happy with life in general and then is when the possibility will arise - it can down to not feeding your ego. I also look at being with someone right now has a band aid on a wound that is to big to cover. This situation really s..ks but, time is what is needed. This website and everyone here has really helped me so much! I don't feel like I am going crazy for what I am feeling.

I some times feel like I need a strong person to just put their arms around and let me know everything will be fine. I have thought, out of the 20yrs I was with the flea, I never had that. He would not hug me, even though he knew all I need was a hug to make me feel like he cared. Now I find comfort knowing one day I will find that person who will make me feel like everything will fine, that person will be ME and only ME. Without ME nothing will ever be fine. I think we are all looking for that strong man to make our troubles go away, but we first need to find ourselves and make sure we are fine. I hope you fine that person you are looking for and makes you happy. Keep posting let us know how you are doing.

Thanks everyone! You are all so right and I know it. Believe me, my marriage has had it's rough moments, much as we loved each other, we were opposite in so many ways and his lack of compromise skills and communication led to lots of difficulty for me through the years. Still, I wanted to stay with him, the problems were not that big in my mind. But since he's made the decision to go to someone else I have hurt like never before, I had no idea it was possible to hurt so much. I have no intention of rushing into another relationship. Still though, at my age, (almost 53), I feel that I don't have THAT many good years left so I don't think I can take too long to
heal or to start looking. Meanwhile, I am so glad that I have found this site. You all have been very helpful already and I am sure I'll post again soon - I have lots to think about and deal with as do you all. Hopefully, I will be able to offer some advice and comfort too.

Yes, you're 53, but with the life expectancies what they are today you have plenty of time. Shoot, you have your retirement years, those years when you can really focus on your partner.

I'm sorry but your stbx sounds like a jerk to do what he did to you.
I would heal before dating .. that's my opinion.. it's easy to rebound right after coming out of a relationship /divorce.
The ramifications are huge (for me) & yet constant reminders because of divorce, property sale, financial.. etc. grrrrrrrrrr
53 is not old. 80 is old (that's the definition as to old/age).
There are many out there & don't ask me why, that have a fantasy of married life/some idealistic relationship. Seems to me? this type of person of which my ex is, will forever be in search of...
Before I met him, I had guys that were prospects & kind, good looking (to me).. would have worked out, beautifully...
2 (from before) both have been interested in dating since he left me.. I need to heal right now.. friends are one thing.
I guess I am blown away at the hell he put me through.
My life was stable & I wanted to marry, etc... had many friends .. now it's starting life over because of his selfishness.
You'll be alright. He did this to you.. so I believe he will be the one paying the price in the big pic.
Take care.. you're not alone!

I got a divorce after 31 years of abuse; I am now 64; age is irrelevant to me. Been single for five years (hate it), but haven't found anyone I am interested in n the dating sites; all you can do is put yourself out there.....hobbies meetings, etc......whatever you like to do. You may want to consider counseling, also.

Kind Regards, Allison