Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: So scared:

Yes, you're 53, but with the life expectancies what they are today you have plenty of time. Shoot, you have your retirement years, those years when you can really focus on your partner.

I'm sorry but your stbx sounds like a jerk to do what he did to you.
I would heal before dating .. that's my opinion.. it's easy to rebound right after coming out of a relationship /divorce.
The ramifications are huge (for me) & yet constant reminders because of divorce, property sale, financial.. etc. grrrrrrrrrr
53 is not old. 80 is old (that's the definition as to old/age).
There are many out there & don't ask me why, that have a fantasy of married life/some idealistic relationship. Seems to me? this type of person of which my ex is, will forever be in search of...
Before I met him, I had guys that were prospects & kind, good looking (to me).. would have worked out, beautifully...
2 (from before) both have been interested in dating since he left me.. I need to heal right now.. friends are one thing.
I guess I am blown away at the hell he put me through.
My life was stable & I wanted to marry, etc... had many friends .. now it's starting life over because of his selfishness.
You'll be alright. He did this to you.. so I believe he will be the one paying the price in the big pic.
Take care.. you're not alone!

I got a divorce after 31 years of abuse; I am now 64; age is irrelevant to me. Been single for five years (hate it), but haven't found anyone I am interested in n the dating sites; all you can do is put yourself out there.....hobbies meetings, etc......whatever you like to do. You may want to consider counseling, also.

Kind Regards, Allison