Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not sure what to do next?

I am pretty sure my marriage is ending. My husband is a real great communicator like that. If it's over, what now? I am not alone in this, 3 kids will fall where ever I do! Hormonal teenage kids.....so I am scared and overwhelmed. I need a starting point I think. Any thoughts?

Re: Not sure what to do next?

I started at my church, which helped line me up with an experienced counselor. Next stop, attorney to protect you and your children. Do your research. Knowledge is power. I'm sorry you're in this place, but the ladies here are a wealth of strength and information. If you have to be in this spot, it's a good place to come. (((Hugs)))

Re: Not sure what to do next?

First things first, start getting your affairs in order. I've got some resources if you're interested. Send me an email at michelle@divorceyoung.com and I'll pass that info along. I'll have a website up soon with all of it, but in the mean time, I'll just email it over to you if you are interested.

There is a lot of information online to get you started too. Do some Google searches. Also, do some research on your local courthouses website. Mine had a tone of information that I found helpful and you will too. It also wouldn't hurt to schedule some consultations with attorneys. They will charge you, typically, for 30 minutes of their time or a reduced consultation rate. Also, try calling their offices or shooting them an email. Sometimes they will give you some legal advice for free if you are strapped for cash.

Hope this helps,
DivorcedYoung