Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My husband says he has to take pills so he can forget about my weight gain

What pills?! 15lbs weight gain versus a 5 year pill use?... Something smells very fishy to me...and I suspect gaslighting/scapegoating is going on to find some excuse to ‘blame’ you for his (potential) addiction.

He needs to take responsibility for his own actions. No one is cramming pills into his mouth!

How do you feel about your current weight? If it’s ok/your health is not at risk, then live life how YOU want. We only get one go at life. On the other hand, if being stuck in a miserable marriage has led to compensatory eating, consider divorce seriously.

Re: My husband says he has to take pills so he can forget about my weight gain

It sounds like he is rationalizing his own addiction and trying to use you as a scapegoat. You know that it is a ridiculous thing to say! Treat it that way, don't listen to it, don't respond. If he says that to you, I would imagine he is verbally abusive in other ways.

Take care of yourself! If you are unsure how assets would be divided, meet with a divorce attorney. Find out what your rights are and what you are entitled to in a divorce in your state.

Good luck!