Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ordered not to drink but 4 ye old says is drinking

In our divorce decree the judge said that my ex-husband was not to consume any alcohol during the time he had the children and 8 hours prior to having the children. I have taped my 4 year old on video telling me how his daddy is drinking beer and then rinsing out The bottles with water and then putting juice in the beer bottles so that the four year old and 19 month old can drink out of the beer bottles with Daddy while he's drinking the beer. Do I alert the Friend of the Court with this or is this a CPS issue?

Re: Ordered not to drink but 4 ye old says is drinking

Tattle tale, tattle tale, stick your head in the garbage pail. Christ, what a life of drama and turmoil you lead.

Re: Ordered not to drink but 4 ye old says is drinking

Hi, Initially I would call the court for advice on how to proceed. This is tantamount to conditioning the children into drinking from beer bottles as being ‘normal’ - which over time, might potentially pre-dispose them to drinking later in life. He sounds like an *******! He is clearly blatantly breaching the conditions set out in the order regarding not drinking alcohol around the children. The court may suspend his rights to have the children in his care whilst he undertakes counselling/an alcohol detox program and/or parenting guidance/training about what are/are not appropriate behaviours around children.

(Unless...he is not drinking alcohol and is ‘putting it on’ knowing the children may report back to you?)

I’d be erring on the side of caution though and would seek advice (court first/lawyer after if needed). If his behaviours become dangerous (threatening and or neglectful) because he’s drunk when he’s meant to be looking after your children-then it’s CPS time. If he’s making the children drink alcohol...same deal: Straight to CPS.