Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why I feel this way (is it normal ?)

I filed for divorce last November just took my things without telling him and moved with my adult Son
My Son always hated him because he was controlling his life
My Son always told me to leave him because I deserve better...the reason I left him we usually do not have anything to talk to each other and I feel lonely even though we are in the same room watching TV and he is on his computer browsing ...after 35 years of marriage and he also have some of the narcissist characteristic ...controlling , manipulate and when I do talk to him about anything I feel that he have some type of anger towards me ( I can feel it in my guts) he is very moody person I tried to talk to him but he ended up yelling at me for silly things ...before I opened any type of conversation (if he will listen 😠) I have to think twice of what if I say something and he will yell at me and get into a fight he can be very violent at times (throwing things at me or pushing me to scare me even though it was not strong enough to knocked me on the floor) at times I think about him and feel sorry for him because all he have now is his dogs with him and no one else around besides his brother that leaves far away (out of the country) I wonder who will take care of him if he becomes sick that is why I feel sorry for him ( he is 65 yrs)
The divorce I is not even finalized because he is taking to long and asking for extension to provide the disclosure of assets which I did provide to my lawyer l beginning of January of this year (he was begging me to come back but I just could not handle the loneliness and the fights and he gave up begging me to go back to him once he realized I was serious about the divorce) I have not spoken to him or texted him for almost 5 months Why I am felling sorry for him that no one will be there to take care of him when he will not be able to do it himself anymore 😞 even though I do not want him back into my life (he suffers from panic attacks and take medicine to control it) that is the only health issue he have for now .
Please guide me through this sadness

Re: Why I feel this way (is it normal ?)

I’ve been with my soon-to-be ex for 30 years. He’s cheating online with 30 year girl from across the sea. He’s 67 yrs. old. I asked him to make a choice between the girl and me and he keeps saying he’s only playing with her but I can see he’s falling for her hard that he believes every thing she says like she has intention of coming here. Why would a 30 year old girl beautiful girl want to be with a 67 year old? The reason is too obvious but he is so blinded with her manipulation. I can go on and on but I’m getting emotional right now..,

Re: Why I feel this way (is it normal ?)

Sorry to hear what you are going through...
Would you take care of him if your ex-husband becomes ill?
Praying for you so you can heal your broken heart 💔
I know it is hard but we have to be strong