Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What should I do?

Hi
Finally my divorce is being finalized
I was married to an controlling and no empathy to me or anyone that have been in contact with him and also he has a bad temper
I am 60 yrs old and was married for over 30 years and I was the one that decided to get divorce
My question is
Since I have not seen or talked or texted him for over a year and I do not wish to see or talk to him
There will be a convention this Saturday and I am sure my ex husband will be attending and me too
I will avoid as much as possible not to see him if in case we do see each would you ignore him and not say a word and walk away or what would you do?
I am even afraid to say 👋 to him because he will start asking question why did I leave him without any explanation
(My reason was because he is a very hard person to talk to he always want to be right and he can be violent )
Please give me some ideas so I do not have to face him
Thank you so very much
Greatly appreciated

Re: What should I do?

Can or will someone be going with you? If someone is with you maybe that would help be a buffer between you and him. If he approaches you, I would firmly tell him that you do not wish to speak with him and not to approach you again.
If he persists, then I would seek out a security person.

Be firm and stay strong. If he is inappropriate or confrontational, call him out on it. Enlist the help of people around you, don't let him intimidate you.

Good luck!

Re: What should I do?

I am going by myself ...
Thank you for the suggestion
Good idea
God Bless