Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still talking to ex

Hi
My husband had an emotional affair with a friend that we both know her about 5 years ago (even though he tells me nothing happened between them) but I do not believe him I do know that he is still talking to her about our little arguments now and than

Is is right to talk about our little arguments to his
Ex Friend ?

I told him that I do not feel comfortable when he talk to her
And his answers was “SO”

I just walked away
Because he is the type of person that will get angry fast
And will start getting into an argument

Re: Still talking to ex

Unfortunately, in my experience this is how it starts. Anything that takes away from the marriage is not good. If he is focusing on someone or something else instead of communicating with you than that is a problem. Ask him to please talk to you; counseling can help too.

Hi Mich
Unfortunately he does not believe in counseling
I guess his ex friend has been his counseling
Every time we talk about any problem that arises he get raged
Sometimes I am afraid to talk to him because of his madness
😔
Thank you for your advice

I am really sorry to hear you are going through this. I just went through the same thing with my husband and one of our mutual friends. It is not OK for him to confiding in someone outside of the marriage about your marriage. Especially when it comes to personal details. I highly recommend setting up some boundaries with him by telling him how his emotional cheating makes you feel and also maybe trying to talk to him to understand why he may be emotionally cheating. There's usually always a reason, such as he may feel emotionally neglected in the marriage for whatever reason. If he turns it around and blames you or doesn't want to do anything to fix it, I would say you have your answer. It's extremely hard and I definitely empathize with what you are going through. But as someone whose had their values not prioritized, it can really mess up your mental health and eventually I always advocate to do what's right for you.

Hi Savannah
Thank you for your opinion
He is the type of person that he thinks that he is always right
And he will not consider my saying just because I think differently of what he thinks
(He thinks that I never support him and he thinks that I am never in his side)
After 30 years of marriage I am tired of him thinking this way
(It”s like a broken record)
I am of my 60’s and he is also
I do not know what to do
Sometimes I think of divorcing him and sometimes I think putting up with him
He is a sick man if I divorce I do not know who will take care of him (I feel SORRY for him)

I just found out he had a kid with someone we new 12 years
i got help https://bit.ly/3iRvp84 good luck