Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want to leave

Hi Everybody
First time on forum (Never been to one)

I have been married for 38 years and I want to leave this long
Marriage but I am afraid that my 66years old husband will have a heart attack because he has a heart condition (he never had a heart attack) his heart muscle is weak (that is his heart condition) but he can still walk, eat, talk , take care of himself etc...
He is not expecting me leaving

He has 2 adults kids from his previous marriage and they have not spoken to him for many many years and they do not plan ever and his previous wife (now married) also

We have no kids together

I am tired dealing with him
I had enough

He never agrees with me
Most of the time I will have to think before I open my mouth so we will not ended up fighting
Any conversation with him turned into arguments and he has a bad temper That is why I always ended up agreeing with him so we will not fight ....

He always think 🤔 that he is always right
My Family and Friends has told me
That he has bad temper and WHY? I am still into this marriage (love is blind)

He has been disrespectful to me, my family and friend before
He respect no one (he like to manipulate people )
I do not know why I love him and for sure I hate The way he acts /think but I do not want to stay with him anymore as much as it hurts me( I am 62 years old and still in good health Thank God )
Financially I will be OK

I know he has not changed and never will... no matter what
Counseling will not work I know 100% (he is very Stubborn )
My Mind is telling me leave
My Heart ❤️ is telling me to stay because he will be by himself (no one will take care of him since he has no one)

I need HELP
I do not know what to do ?
Thank you

Re: I want to leave

He's just manipulating you. He is not capable of being happy himself, he is not capable of making anyone happy. If his children do not want to know about him, it is because his attitude was always as rude as he was. If you have enough money to live alone, do it, do not think twice, it is time to act. Listen to your friends and family and get all the help you can from them. Talk to them about your decision, you don't need to feel alone, you need the support of your loved ones. My ex-husband is like your husband, he abandoned me with my 3 children and now he is trying to come back into our lives with the excuse that he did nothing, said that I was the one who disappeared and he was looking for us. These types of men are sociopaths and they only hurt people. I'm not in the best position right now, but I'm trying to get on with my kids. Life isn't fair, but we can improve our lives for our loved ones if stop living with this kind of men.

Re: I want to leave

Hi Patty

Thank you so much

I wish you well and best of luck 🙏