Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fear of leaving

Hi ladies,

I have been married over 20years, and for years I have been wanting out of this marriage. The thing is I'm terrified how to do this, I want to know how women out there had the courage to go. Did you find a place then leave. Did you plan the exit carefully.

I have suggested to separate a handful of times within the last 18months due to his alcohol abuse (which he has gotten help for and drinks very little now.

however i could never leave. it just never happened as he would say he's not leaving and If I'm the unhappy one to leave..gets too emotional so I'm again torn and trying to work at the marriage. He has tried hard with me and def does not want to separate. However, my feelings are not the same. I just dont know where to start with leaving.

Re: Fear of leaving

I too was married for 20 years... This very difficult... But remember you are the most important thing... Unless he's willing to get professional help, things may not change You need to take care of yourself as hard as it is... If there's children involved it adds difficulty to the situation... But remember you are the most important and you need to take care of yourself

Same. Why am I so afraid of change that I make every excuse to stay but all I want to do is leave, or him to leave, or just even live in different houses

Hi there, I feel the same way. I struggle with that as well and I am not sure why. I can afford to look after myself and the kids without any help from him, but somehow its still difficult for me.