Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorced with no children

I'm 42, divorced 2 years no kids. I live in a different state from where I grew up and another county and class than when I was married.

I decided to go back to school online. The university classes force conversation in a safe space and provides a detourrant for boredom.

I am alone with my dogs. Dating is difficult. It seems men are looking for someone who checks all the boxes including sex and I want someone who will be my friend first, which I completely understand relates to the loss of companionship. So I'm taking classes to get a certification and job that will move me in crowds where I'll hopefully find more friends without looking online.

I think the depression is loss of many things and longing for things in relationships we are constantly bombarded with when we see any social media platform. I completely understand the cat ladies now, but I surely don't want to become one. Try a class or volunteer group next to you to keep you busy. Volunteering brings purpose and meaning to ones life, validation that you are in fact doing something valid and useful for fellow man. That in turn boosts your confirmation and hopefully attracts a better caliber man.

Re: Divorced

Hi, IAM from India and I recently got a divorce Dec2023. I feel I was the one to blame for our marriage to not work out. We knew each other from our Masters. He was my first boyfriend and later my husband. Our initial years of live-in relationship was fine. But the moment we got married (just a year before getting married) things were not so good anymore. We were together for almost 8 years before we got married. He was always more dedicated towards his family than he was to me. To him my dreams and aspirations were always a point to fight about. Anyways my story is really complex or maybe I am just making it up more complex like he always said. But just a short summary is that because ours was a love marriage I didn't always have anyone to share my sorrows and disappointment with my family. I it discussed it a stranger whom I met at conference. That led to a string of conversations which once was not exactly decent from his stranger side. But I never intended for anything apart from a place/someone I can just let out. But my husband read those msgs and claimed I was having an extramarital affair. End of story he wanted a divorce and forced me to give him or else he will do an criminal case against me for mental harassment. So all my begging him to listen to me praying him telling him that I didn't have an affair fell on deaf ears. I gave him the divorce and came here to America to continue my studies. But I can't help but think about him. I miss him every day I miss us. I miss all the good and bad times we had. But does he? I wish he cried for me like the way I do almost every night.
Here I am in America totally alone, scared and depressed.
So, I understand what it means to be lonely.