Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Don’t know what to do. Need help PLEASE.

Hi Kellie,

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Your first step is to get an attorney. You need to protect yourself and know what your rights are.
I don't know how the house will be settled, but he can't make you move out.

If he works and you don't, then you might be entitled to alimony.

I think you have to work through this problem first, then of course you will grieve. Even though I'm the one who filed and was so very happy for the divorce, I still grieved what I lost and what I could have had. It gets easier.

I know this is so hard. Did your husband communicate why he wants the divorce? Has he been telling you that he's unhappy with how things are? Is he willing to go to marriage counseling with you?

Just because you divorce doesn't mean he has to disappear from your life. My ex- and I get along great now and see each other often alone and with our adult kids.

Good luck,
Kelly

Hi Kelly, this news came out of nowhere. I thought our marriage was good minus my medical issues. He’s one that doesn’t talk about how he’s feeling. I told him it’s not fair, if it took him awhile to get to this decision then why not take some time to try to get things back together.
He has said he wants to be friends but I can’t do that YET.

Hi Kellie, in another time of my life, I had a best friend who wanted to "just be friends". I'm totally there with you. It takes time when people out of the blue changes gears on emotions. As the recipient, allow yourself time to process and try hard to remaining normal emotionally. I lost it when my bestfriend wanted to be just friends. At the end of that, the conclusion would be we as individuals all deserve someone that will love us and be willing to be with us. Life in theory is suppose to be better by ourselves. Its a long journey, one which as we go through bumps in the road, it does smooth out. You'll start noticing all the things that was right and nice.

I'm trying hard these days with another issue, but I think the common thread would be try really hard and be good to yourself, take care of yourself. It does get better.