Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: betrayed -- affairs, secret baby

Men are strange/stupid. Mine expected us to “cohabitate” either during or after our divorce (I didn’t ask for clarification.), just told him that it wasn’t going to happen.
He blindsided me with “I’m done” about 5 months ago - 15 years together, 10 years of marriage, 2 kids, 3 cross country moves for his career, I had no idea he was considering being done. There wasn’t any communication.
He’s been having and paying for lunch with a “coworker friend” for at least 2 months now. But has been completely “normal” at home.
He also asked how I wanted our assets divided. Believing that I wouldn’t involve a lawyer. Um …. We have two kids I’m not jeopardizing custody or support in any way shape or form. I get that it’s expensive, perhaps you should have thought about that before making the decision to be done and refusing to work on things.
I think they know things have to change, but they are scared of those changes. So they try to keep things are “normal” as possible for as long as possible. They don’t understand that it makes things worse.