Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Girls Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbus

Looks like a good turnout for Wizz Columbus day tourney. Who you got?

Re: Columbus

Columbus is canceled in Bedford. It’s indigenous peoples day

Surprised Lovell didn't jump in. 5 top 10 teams is a good measuring stick.

Lovell not allowed to be invited by ECW. NEGHL rules limiting competition; but its all about the kids.

What is the ECW

East Coast Wizards

Lovell has the U14 girls teams that are the top 12th & 16th in the country. They are 4th & 5th ranked in the state. Why wouldn’t they want teams like that in their tournament? Instead they travel across the country to play competition.

4.10 NEGHL programs will not schedule events with Non-NEGHL programs (events includes but is not limited to games, scrimmages and jamborees). Additionally, NEGHL Programs will not host Non-NEGHL Programs in NEGHL Program Sponsored Tournaments. This does not apply to Non-NEGHL teams from outside the New England District and Massachusetts District. Also, this does not apply when teams are required by their district to play a team for District or Regional Tournament qualification purposes. Fines of $500 for first offense and $1,000 second & subsequent offenses may be levied.

Won't be able to play at States this year as well. NAHA was the big hurrah I guess as far as competition. Maybe at one of the non sanctioned Thanksgiving tournaments the top MA teams can all line up?

Anon
Lovell has the U14 girls teams that are the top 12th & 16th in the country. They are 4th & 5th ranked in the state. Why wouldn’t they want teams like that in their tournament? Instead they travel across the country to play competition.

Relax. It's early in the season. Let's see where they stand at the end of the season. They are both new teams. I think they will need to build their re****tion up and be consistent over a couple of seasons before they get the invites to the good tourneys. If they manage to do so, that is.

Anon
It’s because the NEGHL is worried that teams like Lovell Academy, Advantage, Winter Club and the Valley Jr. Warriors will tarnish their league with competitive games. Again, great job Mass Hockey for really making it about the kids. Well done!!!

anon
Good tournament so far. That Wizards team is stacked front to back. Pittsburgh team looks very strong. Assabet looks good. My kids team is a bit out of their league but we knew it going in and it's good for them.

anon
anon
Good tournament so far. That Wizards team is stacked front to back. Pittsburgh team looks very strong. Assabet looks good. My kids team is a bit out of their league but we knew it going in and it's good for them.
That championship was a great game. I dont know where those two teams get their players but wow, what a good game. I have never seen so many tall and fast girls in my life at that age. The pace of that game was nuts and the two goalies just kept making save after save. Very impressive teams. It was a great learning experience for our girls to see that level of hockey. Hats off to those programs.

Wizards team is stacked because it's primarily girls who are now in MA/CT for prep school from all over the country. Don't know where most of the girls from their 08/u14 Tier II team last year went. They also arguably have two of the best 09s in the country on their team. Look at their stats, those two players scored almost 50% of all team goals this weekend. Hard team to beat!

Anon
Wizards team is stacked because it's primarily girls who are now in MA/CT for prep school from all over the country. Don't know where most of the girls from their 08/u14 Tier II team last year went. They also arguably have two of the best 09s in the country on their team. Look at their stats, those two players scored almost 50% of all team goals this weekend. Hard team to beat!
There are three girls that are prep imports. They kept 8 or 9 girls from 2 team last year and had 3 returners from one team. The rest are new 09s.