High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Xaverian any coaching announcement?

Father time is lurking. . . .

Coach Spinelli really has to go if Xaverian ever wants to compete seriously!!
For too many years this ciach is always looking for the newest youngest fastest kid...all well said and done when you rebuild a team but at some point you have to use the players you have to see what you have built....you cant rebuild every year by constantly looking for the new freshman.......he is better off coaching at the Breakers where he belongs too many talented kids that could have played Varsity anywhere else have been overlooked by this blind guy.....maybe Xaverian should take a page out of the coach book and get a new younger better coach....bye Spinnelli your days are numbered. Peewee breakers coach suits you better

He's gonzo. Coaching some club.

coach has no idea what to do and his assistants are even worse though he has 100 they have no idea what to do. if they do not get a new coach hockey community will be surprised me the most after sending kid there who was on varsity. guy is just a joke yells random hockey related terms thinking he will keep his job

Ding ding ding - we have a winner! Announcement on the way!

Father Time is going to announce at his big send off that he is NOT FINISHED!!!!!

anon
Father Time is going to announce at his big send off that he is NOT FINISHED!!!!!

Who replaced him?

??? I think Father Time is Bill Hanson from CM

Rick Moranus

Billy Hanson turned them down???

Bill Hanson taking over.

It's been talked about here since last spring. Let's see if his 1960's style of relating to kids can run this program more off of the tracks than it already is.

I think part of what he missed is a) keeping a large number of assistant coaches happy so they could spend their time recruiting at the youth level and b) playing hardo to kids that can easily walk on to another school that offers better academics and more $.

It will be good for the program. The current status is in disarray. The top players leave early to go elsewhere and the best talent doesn't even consider X anymore. Billy would be a big improvement and would also bring in some key supporters who would help build the program back up.

Today's kids don't respond to the old school yelling and foolish behavior...plus, didn't get he get sucked in and played his little favorites and the kids of the bigger boosters? Winning plays no favorites for no favors.

you are correct however this would be great segway for a few years to turn around the program and bring in a new coach 3-4 years form now once the program has picked it up a notch. The current status on the program is a downward snowball effect and its quickly spiraling out of control.

With that comment I'd have to say you're correct in theory. However the reputation as a difficult guy to play for will proceed him and it will be almost impossible to convince better players to go there.

Other schools / coaches have easily surpassed that regime with their ability to get college looks for the kids so if you add up a better education, easier coach to work with, better opportunities to play after high school and the chance to 'win now' not many top end kids will sign-up for X.

Has the coaching change been formally announced?

Father Time might be re-thinking the whole thing. So how was his big 'send off' at BU a couple months ago? No one seemed to cover it, not even the ball-washer who writes for SB Nation.

How is this guy still around? Program is going down the toilet.

You can have CC coach. He needs a job after ruining that school.

They just missed another year to attract / recruit kids. I'd say it is now fully accepted the fact that it is now a football school.

anon
They just missed another year to attract / recruit kids. I'd say it is now fully accepted the fact that it is now a football school.

This is his last year and he knows it. Already been informed. He could win every game and he is still gone.

Hello - someone please tell me how much longer until this guy is gone.

Xaverian super 8 this year?

They aren't serious about hockey at X, it's all football all of the time now. How else do you explain losing a full year of recruiting kids by basically forgetting to name a hockey head coach? If someone had been put in place in March the guy would have had 6 months to shake the bushes to find players and comb the rinks looking for kids 2-3 years out. Just another year lost for whomever shows up and 'Old Father Time' hardly has a year to burn so forget that call.

anon
They aren't serious about hockey at X, it's all football all of the time now. How else do you explain losing a full year of recruiting kids by basically forgetting to name a hockey head coach? If someone had been put in place in March the guy would have had 6 months to shake the bushes to find players and comb the rinks looking for kids 2-3 years out. Just another year lost for whomever shows up and 'Old Father Time' hardly has a year to burn so forget that call.

They put an ad in the New England Hockey Journal ( Prep School edition). I don't know much about the program but it sounds like they need to get a Head coach with assistants who are dialed in with the local youth circuit to start who can start recruiting.

I can only imagine it is pretty difficult recruiting in that area with so many Prep - Day schools with better hockey ( maybe academics) who have recent success?

anon

Afterall it is Catholic School recruiting season! Get to work boys.

Team has not been relevant for a few years.
Early departures from end of season tourney play highlights their struggles. Could not score.
Hell, they couldn't even beat (or score) against SJS this past year.

Do they not have a coach?