The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Northeast Generals U18

Anyone ever heard of them are they any good?

Tryouts will be held Monday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 15 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm at the Canton Sportsplex.

The Northeast Generals U18 Tier I team will be having tryouts in the spring of 2016. Team members will receive:

20 game season (Chowder Cup, Labor Day Tournament fee's included) from late August until the end of November
1 U18 dedicated practice per week
2 optional weekly practices with the Northeast Generals U20 Junior A team of the NA3EHL
Team gear, including, game shirts (home and away), game socks, practice shirt, practice socks, pant shells and discounts of other equipment
The cost of the season for 20 games (including 2 tournaments) and 3 weekly practices is $2,000.

The U18 team will be a Tier I team playing an independent schedule against teams such as:

Boston Advantage

Boston Junior Bruins

Boston Junior Terriers Elite

Cape Cod Whalers

495 Stars

Springfield Rifles

East Coast Wizards

Local Prep Schools

Re: Northeast Generals U18

Looks pretty legit. Very good competition. I'd say worth it if the kid wants to play after high school.

I hate to crush junior's dream, but if your son is on This team his hockey career ended a long time ago

Yes it would be terrible to play for a U18 team that is part of an organization with an NA3HL and NAHL team. Terrible to get involved in that type of pipeline.

NA3HL. I would never want to be a "Dream Thief" towards anybody that is passionate and determined to reach their goals but I just don't see the value in this league. Looking at their list of college commitments from the last two year, I am really surprised that they are able to field enough teams!!. It seems to me that if your goal is to play Division 3 hockey than you have to play in the the USPHL or EHL Premiere or at least their U18 leagues. Even the Elite divisions of both those leagues seem lacking save for a few late bloomers on each team and they seem far superior to this league.

Again, all the power to you and absolutely follow your heart. I just cannot see dropping $6,000 + a year on playing in one of these other leagues.