The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
1. (3) Pope Francis – Beating Archie’s and SJS pretty handily and rolling over Franklin you have a new Numba one.
2. (2) BC High – Squeaker to beat SJS but handily spanking Reading and Andover one can see the difference between top teams and the second tier of wanna-bes.
3. (1) Malden Catholic – Ties against Hingham and Austin Prep in their own tournament they just might not be ‘all that.’ Lacking size they make up for it in speed but need a scorer to step up.
4. (9) Austin Prep – a tie with MC and rolling over St. Mary’s means good things might be coming. We will know a lot more in the next week or two.
5. (4) St. Mary's – Beating Hingham but losing to SJP & Arlington Catholic means they’re good but not great.
6. (5) Hingham – Better than expected for the Harbormen. A tie with both MC and SJP they feel they can compete.
7. (7) St. John's Prep – managing a tie against Hingham and no real other games to gauge the team it’s still early at the Prep. It’s not who they have played, it’s who they haven’t played.
8. (12) Andover – Chelmsford and Reading wins mean they are a serious public contender.
9. (17) Arlington Catholic – Beating St. Mary’s is worth something.
10. (14) Central Catholic – racking up the goal totals against Acton-Boxboro and Billerica might look good but only time will tell if they belong in the top ten.
10. (15) Marshfield – big wins over X and Barnstable might be enough to break the top 10. Test against Hingham later this week.
Marshfield could be questionable. Barnstable and X are nowhere near being the powerhouses they used to be. Specifically, X would have problems scoring if other team pulled goalie for entire game.
agree Hockey Night in Boston always pulls for MC
Good point. MC struggles to tie their #4 and #6 teams and they only bump them down one place? MC looks to be lacking the top end players they've had in the past. They will make the Super 8 but they might miss the final four.
Here's HNIB top teams and where IHDB had them picked-
1 BC High (2)
2 Malden Catholic (3)
3 Pope Francis (1)
4 Austin Prep (4)
5 St. Mary's (5)
6 Hingham (6)
7 Andover (8)
8 Arlington Catholic (9)
9 St. John's Prep (7)
10 Arlington (n/a)
Looks like someone at HNIB reads the DBoard!
Proof IHDB > HNIB
And The Boston Globe is even worse!
Please update to include top 12
give us your thoughts on the next 4-5