My son went two years back in Peewees. It was all about having fun and not necessarily high end hockey. The people running it did a good job making sure the kids did fun off ice activities and had fun while on the ice. But if you are looking for your kid to get "noticed" it's not the place.
That's funny because six or seven years ago these six were in attendance.
They're currently playing in the WJC in Montreal.
• Troy Terry (Colorado Thunderbirds AAA)
• Charlie McAvoy (Westchester Express AAA)
• Clayton Keller (St. Louis Blues AAA)
• Jack Roslovic (Columbus Jr. Bluejackets AAA)
• Jeremy Bracco (Long Island Gulls)
• Casey Fitzgerald (Valley Jr. Warriors)
It helps when you know what your talking about.
None of these players actually went to the Camp. They were INVITED to the Camp. Big difference.
Last year's camp seemed to have a mix. Handful of really good players, but also some kids who are bottom-line kids on average teams.
Sounds like unless you're really looking to explore the Cardigan path, it may not be worth the time/travel.