The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
O.K. HNIB, MyHockeyLive, Boston Globe, Boston Herald. . . it's posted. Use it as you will.
1. (3) Malden Catholic – tight game but a Fenway win over X is enough to move them up.
2. (1) Pope Francis – Padding the scoring numbers against Barnstable doesn’t impress many.
3. (4) Austin Prep – Beating up weaker teams… but wins are wins.
4. (9) Catholic Memorial – Coming off a huge week with victories over both BCH and SJP…it looks like the program is rising from the ashes.
5. (5) Hingham – Rolling over Westford Academy & Braintree decisively.
6. (6) St. Mary's – Big test coming against Hingham a team they beat in the Serino Christmas Classic
7. (2) BC High – a CM loss and an X tie makes you wonder if they will have the legs for a deep run
8. (NR) Xaverian– A close game with Malden Catholic (4-3) and a BCH tie shows the program might be coming to life.
9. (8) St. John's Prep –a beat-down handed to St Peter Marian in a quiet week.
10. (7) Arlington - Spy Ponder's test is Monday night against this year’s sleeper CM.
Biggest surprise in 5 years has been CM. And maybe for this year it is X.
Hingham shut-out St. Mary's tonight. Worthy of a higher ranking?
Again this list proves it's better than the competition! What other list had Hingham ranked higher than St. Mary's?
Congrats proud Hingham Dad on the big win. I see you could hardly wait to make the announcement on the dboard. When SMH has their full healthy team back they will beat Hingham again like they did recently. Good luck in the tourney.
Burlington 1-1 tie with MC? CM 3-3 tie with Arlington? The mighty C.C. might not be so mighty.
Austin Prep 4 - 4 Central Catholic
Maybe the guy who posted about adding a few minutes to each period had something. Too many ties. MIAA wake up?
Looks like the top 5-6 teams can play and it will all depend on who is hot at the end...and oh, goaltending.
Actually it was 5 to 5 and Central should have won easily but the CC goalie gave the game away.
Methuen beat Lincoln Sudbury 7 to 3
That and $5.00 gets them a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Actually that CC goalie isn't much better than Starbucks.
What about Walpole?
Why would a coach care? He gets to talk about an undefeated season and that's more meaningful than talking about whether they got blown out in the 2nd or 3rd playoff game.
I just can't believe some of the local h.s. hockey writers like Jim Clark take them seriously and list them in the top 10-15 or as a team to watch. What is he watching? Oh, nevermind he has not seen them play.
I'm positive there are teams out there that will take a game or even a scrimmage; come on coach let's see what you've got.
The fat little guy won't do it. Look out though, they have KP tonight! Real big threat.
Best bet is if Walpole competes in the D1 tourney . They would not do well in Super 8 based on competition alone. Their regular season record is great but not playing any Catholics or top Publics will only hurt them if they get voted into Super 8. Arlington and Hingham play them so will earn a Super 8 bid.
Look up the hingham or Reading or Burlington or Arlington coaches emails on the Mass H.S. hockey website and forward them to the coach and have him schedule a scrimmage. At least you can see what you up against.
Plus it's in the interest of the program to start scheduling better games to build the program and keep kids at the H.S. as more junior teams come asking for checks.