Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AND DOWN GOES THE POPE!

What? So I guess they 'hung' with them alright...no need to protect the regional all-star teams parading like high school hockey teams if that's your point.

anon
What? So I guess they 'hung' with them alright...no need to protect the regional all-star teams parading like high school hockey teams if that's your point.

Why so mad, did you get cut as a kid and now trying to flex some muscle through your kid? Or even better, did you never play, but have watched alot of hockey and now know stuff. Pope is good but a regional all start team I would not call them.

anon
anon

Why so mad, did you get cut as a kid and now trying to flex some muscle through your kid? Or even better, did you never play, but have watched alot of hockey and now know stuff. Pope is good but a regional all start team I would not call them.
Actually, they are an all star from the 413 region. Most, not all, of the better kids go there from the area and from north 860. Not saying they are great, but they take the best of the best from the area. Coach allegedly cheats MIAA rules all the time, but he wins, so no one cares.

bluto
anon
anon

Actually, they are an all star from the 413 region. Most, not all, of the better kids go there from the area and from north 860. Not saying they are great, but they take the best of the best from the area. Coach allegedly cheats MIAA rules all the time, but he wins, so no one cares.

Why don't you cry about it

It's like being a Patriots fan. You first claim there is no cheating; then you say 'everyone does it;' and then you say 'so what?' followed by "it's a conspiracy against us! We are innocent!"

So far they're only at the "so what?" stage.

Anon
It's like being a Patriots fan. You first claim there is no cheating; then you say 'everyone does it;' and then you say 'so what?' followed by "it's a conspiracy against us! We are innocent!"

So far they're only at the "so what?" stage.

I'll bite, what did they do?

Just to be clear Arlington is not your average high school program. The coach strongly encourages players to stay back grades in order to improve his hockey team. They currently have 6 starting players who have repeated grades currently on the team.
The big question is who does the Arlington coach know in the miaa? And why do they keep giving him waivers when he is the one getting these kids to repeat? I can't believe that a middlesex league team hasn't filed a compliant with the miaa

Wincester1
Just to be clear Arlington is not your average high school program. The coach strongly encourages players to stay back grades in order to improve his hockey team. They currently have 6 starting players who have repeated grades currently on the team.
The big question is who does the Arlington coach know in the miaa? And why do they keep giving him waivers when he is the one getting these kids to repeat? I can't believe that a middlesex league team hasn't filed a compliant with the miaa

Much different from all the fifth year seniors at the preps and c/c's ..

Not really ....

Get over it a public has a shot this year ...

Anon
Wincester1

Much different from all the fifth year seniors at the preps and c/c's ..

Not really ....

Get over it a public has a shot this year ...

So your saying there is a chance! Best line.

Maybe 2 repeats on arlington. Just a good group of seniors. Time to get over it people, there's a good public! Hingham would beat plenty of Catholics.

2 repeats?
Try 6 repeats
What does this teach the kids?
It's ok to cheat the system if you win
Poor coaching

Anon
2 repeats?
Try 6 repeats
Poor coaching

Would you like some cheese with that wine .........

Anon
2 repeats?
Try 6 repeats
Poor coaching

I think its funny some people complain about it and every prep school we have talked to 100% encourages it.

PF is a good team, but nothing compared to the stacked team SC had a couple of years ago.

anon
PF is a good team, but nothing compared to the stacked team SC had a couple of years ago.
Agree. Once kids starting taking off to Prep, Jrs, USHL even directly to College others in the area followed. They are still a good competitive program but nobody stays for the full 4 years any longer.

Welcome to the high school landscape the rest of us have been a part of for the last 10 years. The catch now is to find great athletes who have this as a second sport and chose to play hockey for 4 years just as fun.

Is this true 6 repeats at a public high school?...I get it w a prep or even a CC school but at a Public?

No. I work with some arlington dads and there are 3 repeats on team. Arlington just a genuinely good team.

Maurauders
No. I work with some arlington dads and there are 3 repeats on team. Arlington just a genuinely good team.

Thats surprising, do other public's have repeats? Are they repeating for athletics or because they failed other grades?

I don't think there are many if they have them. If they are repeaters it's because they're slow in the classroom. Historically it was a Catholic Conf. thing. Laughably enough the hockey coaches - who are often an 'academic advisors'- tell the parents that the kid needs to stay back a year because of the strenuous academics at the schools. When in fact a marginal public school outpaces the best of the catholic schools.

athletics.
at the coaches direction

We have been "encouraged" to have our son repeat this year also. Im 5' 9", my wife is 5' 6" and we are realistic people. Thanks but we will pass and let our kid move on like the other 99.8% kids who play the game.