email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: X please make a change

Alumni
New rink great locker room get rid of the guy his time is up. Watched a bunch of games talented team with zero direction lose to SJP tonight not even close. CC wide open and let's play dump and chase with extra kids that should even be on the team.Get a clue maybe someone should clean his classes. Pretty sad after half season kids have checked out. Even sadder blame put on the kids. Hopefully someone can find some kids homes there is talent in the team. Been through it before with him it is time to go. Same thing year after year. If you think it is bad this year wait until 10 kids graduate.

Are you surprised the coach is failing? He should have been replaced years ago. I agree with OP there is talent on this team but the HC is coaching the team out of games. It's time for him to move over full time to his new youth hockey gig.

The story always was 'Father time' from CM would take over. Still in the cards?

Anon
The story always was 'Father time' from CM would take over. Still in the cards?

Wouldn't that be something? Hell the team is.better than cm.

You mean they have better players than CM but aren't producing like CM?

SJp was way faster and better last night.

anon
You mean they have better players than CM but aren't producing like CM?

Yes that's what I mean and it's also a fact.

Alumni
New rink great locker room get rid of the guy his time is up. Watched a bunch of games talented team with zero direction lose to SJP tonight not even close. CC wide open and let's play dump and chase with extra kids that should even be on the team.Get a clue maybe someone should clean his classes. Pretty sad after half season kids have checked out. Even sadder blame put on the kids. Hopefully someone can find some kids homes there is talent in the team. Been through it before with him it is time to go. Same thing year after year. If you think it is bad this year wait until 10 kids graduate.

Your a bum. Get some balls and talk to the guy, dont come on a board and bash a high school coach. If you know so much about the game, throw your hat in the ring to coach or have you never touched the ice before and have zero experience coaching 14-18 year olds?

anon
Alumni

Your a bum. Get some balls and talk to the guy, dont come on a board and bash a high school coach. If you know so much about the game, throw your hat in the ring to coach or have you never touched the ice before and have zero experience coaching 14-18 year olds?

Get a clue. Look at the record over the last several year. The record speaks for itself. Changes need to happen at any program over time no matter what level of play it is and it's time at X. If you don't see that your probably in that position bc your kid is on the bubble. Look at it this way the new coach may make your kid a better player.

I do like the suggestion of going to talk to the coach. Really good. "Hey coach, I know this won't affect what you think of me or my kids ice time...but have you recently given any thought to searching for your replacement?" "You hold yourself out as a knowledgeable hockey guy so your input would be crucial to the decision making process but what we should be looking for is someone who is interested in actually winning games, developing players and not playing favorites."

That should work.

I'd say start with the parents, the captain's parents & the Boosters and move the discussion toward the A.D. - maybe your voice would mean more if you took charge of raising some $ for the program.

anon
I do like the suggestion of going to talk to the coach. Really good. "Hey coach, I know this won't affect what you think of me or my kids ice time...but have you recently given any thought to searching for your replacement?" "You hold yourself out as a knowledgeable hockey guy so your input would be crucial to the decision making process but what we should be looking for is someone who is interested in actually winning games, developing players and not playing favorites."

That should work.

I'd say start with the parents, the captain's parents & the Boosters and move the discussion toward the A.D. - maybe your voice would mean more if you took charge of raising some $ for the program.

Yep! If you want change anywhere, bring the $$$$$$.

It's Trump's America now....Cheeto Dust and $ talks, B.S. walks.

Alumni

Not sure what game u watched, but "talented team" is a bit of a stretch.