Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Super 8 Home Stretch!

I think Arlington has an outside chance to advance. I don't think Hingham has much of a chance. Both deserve an invite.

Anon
I think Arlington has an outside chance to advance. I don't think Hingham has much of a chance. Both deserve an invite.

I agree , if there has ever been a year for a public to have a legitimate shot it is now , and I think Arlington has at least a shot ....

Most of the publics and Central Cath are beating other public teams. Once they play the Catholics they are exposed except for Hingham and more so Arlington.

Arlington will be ranked higher than the play ins, whereas Hingham is likely a play in one and done.

Hingham could likely win the Div1 tourney while Arlington has an uphill battle.

This is exactly why we need a public champ, private champ and then a playoff between the two for state champ.

Makes sense right?

What do you mean if there has ever been a time for a public to have a legitimate shot it is now? It wasn't that long ago that Reading and Hingham won the Super 8, and when Reading won they creamed all Catholic teams along the way. Short memory

Anon
What do you mean if there has ever been a time for a public to have a legitimate shot it is now? It wasn't that long ago that Reading and Hingham won the Super 8, and when Reading won they creamed all Catholic teams along the way. Short memory

Twice in ten years! Publics have not been relevant in the last 5 or 6 years and prior to that when being relevant an outlier. This year both Hingham and Arlington have a legitimate shot.

Anon

10 years ago is a long time, but hang on to those memories! Hope you have pictures also.

10 years? 'Only' seven years! Never going to happen...but don't tell the MIAA!

I hope Arlington can hold it together
Lots of drama on the team
Seems the coach is playing his freshman son all the time and it's causing team issues

Anon
Seems the coach is playing his freshman son all the time and it's causing team issues

Lots of drama there.

Warriors
Anon

Lots of drama there.

No dog in this fight but sounds like whatever the coach is doing is working. These days winning is not enough. Guess every kid has to play on the 1st line and PP or somebody is *******

This coach will come to his senses and takes his son to CC or Prep and enjoy the Wine & Cheese as opposed to the Whine.

anon
Best case for a public remains, get the invite and blow the play-in game, win the D-1 Public School Championship!

How'd that work last season?

Did they get to play on the Garden Ice? Yeah it worked out then.

Anon
Did they get to play on the Garden Ice? Yeah it worked out then.

No they didn't. Both teams were #4 seeds in D1 last season.

Not sure about Pope in the secured column

Anon
Not sure about Pope in the secured column

They have not been playing well of late but pretty decent year overall. Only loses were close and against good teams.

CM / Hingham game could move Hingham up and drop Pope down. Pope has been exposed by better teams.

anon
CM / Hingham game could move Hingham up and drop Pope down. Pope has been exposed by better teams.

Not really exposed! Lost to Arlington by 1 goal, BC High by 2 goals and most recently to Hingham ( Guess they didn't show up).Delbarton beats all of our teams- They don't count.

Trending down for sure. Hingham seems up and down too. Still have wins against some better teams. Puts them in the Super 8 for sure.

Didn't Pope just pound Austin!

Anon
Didn't Pope just pound Austin!

Yes. Fell apart in 3rd period. 6-3 final