email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Private Playoff & Public Playoff

Anon
Or better yet, take the juniors and seniors from both State High School Championship finalists and have them play the private school champs.

I was at a local rink and saw a banner for the local high school team's 'Super 8 Appearances'

Really? As if being invited to get crushed by some regional all-star team is a worthy accomplishment. Hang banners for championships, not being consolation game cannon fodder.

You are missing the point junior! Just looking for parody and an opportunity to give the kids who stay home a chance at winning a state tournament.

Arlington is viable because kids chose to stay. Be more like MN

It would definitely keep kids home which would improve the hockey and attract better coaches which in turn would create a feeder program like Arlington has done. I guarantee over time the public champs would push the catholic champs in the state finals and actually win from time to time ( every few years)

I agree. The outcome might just be exactly what the public school coaches have wanted all along - keep the better kids in their programs. This change combined with educating the coaches on how to advance your players post high school. It would stem the flow of kids hanging around for their freshmen and sophomore years and then bailing out to a full season team or a prep.