Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Super Eight 2017.

Good god the kid that announces some of these games has no idea what he's watching. I know, I know where you went to high school....I know, I know what year you graduated and who your classmates where...but buddy it was not "the best team in the school's history." That team would get killed by maybe even this year's team but certainly the team from a couple years ago. So kid, put a sock in it.

Arlington up 5-0 over Lexington with 7 minutes left. Played 4th/5th line with 3rd string goalie in. 3 funny goals made it look like my son's squad almost pulled out an upset!

Hingham 4-0 over CM........hello Super 8.

anon
Hingham 4-0 over CM........hello Super 8.

Please send TL a 2017 Gift Basket.

Why?

Because the kids and the systems the kids run are all coming out of Boston Advantage. TL is delivering Hingham some players. Gone are the 'high off the glass' break-outs and dump & chase Harbormen staples of years ago. Noticed the defensemen now work the puck out of their zone, 4-5 years ago that would have been a benchable offense.

anon
Because the kids and the systems the kids run are all coming out of Boston Advantage. TL is delivering Hingham some players. Gone are the 'high off the glass' break-outs and dump & chase Harbormen staples of years ago. Noticed the defensemen now work the puck out of their zone, 4-5 years ago that would have been a benchable offense.

Hingham downs AP 2-1. Assured a berth in Super 8.

Truth is, at the end of the day, both coach a similar system and most on the team didn't come from across the hall in Hingham. (Sure, a couple did) But, if you want to send a fruit basked to someone ship it to Rockland as more of them on this years team played for TM in Rockland than for TL.

Please don't insult Hingham andArlington by mentioning Walpole in the same sentence. Look at their schedules.

Arlington?
Have you seen how many cupcake games they have had in the Middlesex league
That needs to be considered to the rankings

Yes, arlington hasn't had the usual powerhouse middlesex league. But Hingham, Pope Francis, and Andover wins need to be counted. A lost point by tying CM and a late game loss to BCH keeps them out of the top 3.

Top three? Come on now.

out of the top three?
should keep them out of the top 8

Fact Check
Truth is, at the end of the day, both coach a similar system and most on the team didn't come from across the hall in Hingham. (Sure, a couple did) But, if you want to send a fruit basked to someone ship it to Rockland as more of them on this years team played for TM in Rockland than for TL.

Most might have come from a scattering of programs but the bulk of the better kids and most of the D came from TL and have for the past few years. And don't confuse the BA systems with the Garrett Regan systems of the 1980's.

Here is my question mom & dad - what are the coaches doing for the kids that want to keep playing? How many junior teams and college coaches have come down to the locker room?

anon
Fact Check

Most might have come from a scattering of programs but the bulk of the better kids and most of the D came from TL and have for the past few years. And don't confuse the BA systems with the Garrett Regan systems of the 1980's.

Here is my question mom & dad - what are the coaches doing for the kids that want to keep playing? How many junior teams and college coaches have come down to the locker room?

Frankly, the parents should be contacting the players Summer and Fall Coaches letting them know they are interested in PG'ing or playing Juniors. Also, can contact coaches directly asking them to reach out to High School coach for references. Although contacts and connections do really help it is not that difficult to get Prep School and Tier 3 Junior programs to look at your player.

You speak gibberish. Honestly, what the heck was that post supposed to be about?

Anon
You speak gibberish. Honestly, what the heck was that post supposed to be about?

Oh you are the guy that tells people your son never made it because his coach didn't help him place him or are you the looser who tells anybody who will listen, "I never made it because my coach didn't care"

Typical knuckle dragger! News flash Joey; You never made it because of YOU!!

So to answer the guy's question, they've done nothing.

anon
So to answer the guy's question, they've done nothing.

With that losers mentality your bender is probably better off playing intramurals. Club hockey requires accountability ,never mind College hockey.

Anon
Anon
Rebels get playing game just for going undefeated no matter how weak their schedule is.

They will, they shouldn't, but they will.

Central played
LS ranked 50
WA ranked 55
Billerica ranked 66
AB ranked 42
Andover ranked 17
Waltham ranked 32
TWICE

Talk about an easy schedule

anon
Anon
Anon
Rebels get playing game just for going undefeated no matter how weak their schedule is.

They will, they shouldn't, but they will.

Central played
LS ranked 50
WA ranked 55
Billerica ranked 66
AB ranked 42
Andover ranked 17
Waltham ranked 32
TWICE

Talk about an easy schedule

CC team in a public school league and the majority of their out of league schedule is against publics.

Anon
CC team in a public school league and the majority of their out of league schedule is against publics.
last night didn't go so well.

CC beats MC 3-2. I thought "MC peaks at season-end every year!" Throw them to the play-in game.

It is any teams tournament to win!