The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Refereeing Games for an organization you are employeed? Ethical?

Put down the bottle. I saw on the news today that this morning is Monday.

Yes you are correct it is Monday. I glad you awoke from your weekend haze from behind the bench or cheering on Junior on the other side of the Bridges. They do say there is an alcohol and opiate addiction problem on the Peninsula during the off season. These Cape posts explains it.

In your condition I'd just stay off of "those two scary bridges" until maybe later in your detox period.

Right

Те, кто голосуют, ничего не решают. Те, кто считает голоса, решают все ». - Иосиф Сталин

Those who vote, do not decide anything. Those who consider the voices decide everything. Joseph Stalin 1923

Anon.
On the Cape this weekend (Yes, I Know). Not going to mention names, but you can guess.
Our son 06 had a game in Hyannis, never skated there before. Nice facility.

Seated in bleachers before the game the referees come out onto the ice. We hear a parent same oh no! They said I guess the referee's name.

Good game both teams back and forth. During the game one of the young referees was hanging around the home teams bench. Getting hugs and pats on the back by one of the bench Coaches. They were laughing with each other, obviously they knew each other.

Again good game by both teams, now it is about five minutes left in the game. Our son's team is winning 3-1. During one of the off sides in front of the home teams bench. The bench Coach who was operating a door wearing a watch cap called the young referee over and said something.

Now here it comes, the young referee starts calling penalties on our son's team. We basically played the last 5 minutes shorthanded sometimes 2 players down. The home team pulled the goalie and score with around 1 minute left. The puck gets dropped then another penalty. Shorthanded with less than 1 minute left. Now the Bench Coach starts yelling at the kids.The final was 3-2 good game.

Went out into the lobby and talked with some of our families and a Dad from the other team. Close game the usual, then he enlightened us that the young referee works for the home organization. The Dad said the referee works in the Pro-Shop selling the Organization gear, sharpening skates and he thought he did scheduling for the organization.

We won but it was tough near the game of the game. Everyone has read the posts and when you are under a microscope like this organization. Why would you make it look so obvious or having a hint of basis? I understand there maybe some connection at sometimes between an organization and a referee. But, the referee is on the payroll literally.

Ethical? If you are trying to avoid drama or questions do not make it so blatantly obvious. Should a young referee be scheduled to do games for an organization he works, bad for both sides.

You lost me at "watch cap."

Why is this on the HS board. 06 is 5th grade

The 06s are stacked!

Actually this young adult referee that refs seems to be their go to official. Not only does he wear the Seahawks logo on the helmet, somehow he is a High School official as well. High school teams will see it when they cross those two scary bridges. Another coach in the system would call him over and then all of a sudden momentum changed. This just doesn't seem to be a one time occurrence.

Anon
Actually this young adult referee that refs seems to be their go to official. Not only does he wear the Seahawks logo on the helmet, somehow he is a High School official as well. High school teams will see it when they cross those two scary bridges. Another coach in the system would call him over and then all of a sudden momentum changed. This just doesn't seem to be a one time occurrence.
Geez, Let. It. Go. Even at the HS level, it's recreational hockey.