Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: High School User Fees Boys/Girls

About right....$500 I'd say is average. Funny too when you see some of these programs that have huge budgets and piles of boosters cash sitting there and still charging 'user fees.' I guess it's to fund what is viewed as the schools portion of the costs.

Anon
Just a question is there any High school programs in Massachusetts that charge user/Player fees?
We understand Ice Hockey is expensive. The only sport in the high school that is charged this fee is the Girl's Ice Hockey program. It is not a club team, full varsity schedule. Entering the 7th year of the program.
It has become a Co-op, your school was the original school. Over the years some other schools asked to co-op. Those schools are fully funded but not the original school. A $550 user fee per player for those not funded.

Just wondering is this becoming common?

Tried to talk to AD, no luck there!
If in fact only the girls are being charged, and not the boys, or any other sport, then there is a big time Title IX violation. DA is ignoring you because he knows it.

Anon
Anon
Just a question is there any High school programs in Massachusetts that charge user/Player fees?
We understand Ice Hockey is expensive. The only sport in the high school that is charged this fee is the Girl\'s Ice Hockey program. It is not a club team, full varsity schedule. Entering the 7th year of the program.
It has become a Co-op, your school was the original school. Over the years some other schools asked to co-op. Those schools are fully funded but not the original school. A \$550 user fee per player for those not funded.

Just wondering is this becoming common?

Tried to talk to AD, no luck there!
If in fact only the girls are being charged, and not the boys, or any other sport, then there is a big time Title IX violation. DA is ignoring you because he knows it.
and ps the athletic fee's here are fully dependent on how fiscally strong the school dept is. Our athletic fee's over the course of 10 years varied from $100-$150 between our kids, including for hockey, there was no additional cost for hockey, boys or girls, same fee as all other sports.

Zero chance the girls are charged and the boys aren’t. Title IX police would get the AD fired and everyone would get a refund.

Our high school got audited and the crap they come up with would shock any sane person. Like how many seats are in the girls locker room vs. boys, what is the sq. footage of the room, how many showerheads are there in the showers....

We just had our richest school district get fined big time for having turf field (game and practice), field house with locker rooms and showers, batting cages and their own training room for Boys Baseball...and girls softball, who also happened to be DI State Champs 3 years running, not only don't have any of that, but they are not even allowed to use it. Yah, that didn't end well for that High School. Needless to say, by the time spring rolls around here the girls will have their own turf softball field and will have their own field house with their own locker rooms.

Anon
We just had our richest school district get fined big time for having turf field (game and practice), field house with locker rooms and showers, batting cages and their own training room for Boys Baseball...and girls softball, who also happened to be DI State Champs 3 years running, not only don't have any of that, but they are not even allowed to use it. Yah, that didn't end well for that High School. Needless to say, by the time spring rolls around here the girls will have their own turf softball field and will have their own field house with their own locker rooms.
I hope they invested the girls portion of the money into extra English courses for the kids. Based on your shining example it's money that's better spent off the field and in the classroom.

I'm just curious and asking if it matters if the sport is school funded or non funded before it comes into the eyesight of Title IX compliance?

If the school is not funding the program and the "Fee" is being collected outside the school administration (boosters), is that a Title IX issue?

I don't know, I'm just asking the question..