email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Proof of the pudding is in the eating

Anon
Go watch a Generals game, then go watch a Kings/Bandits/Whoever NCDC game. Sorry folks, not even close. Bash BA and Generals all you want, much better talent, much better development plan/path. A bunch of D1 commits already, all have high-end D3 offers but are waiting for the real D1 offer to come through. Very different compared to the USPHL where kids are jumping on low end D3 offers early in the season. A lot of 99’s and 00’s vs 97’s and 98’s still chasing the dream.

Hey EHF daddy, let it go, end result is those leagues are not all that.
I have not seen one person say that NCDC is the equal of NAHL in its first year of existence. That doesn't mean NCDC is a negative. It isn't.

BTW, do a search on the posts about the Generals from, like, this summer. All the D Board geniuses said they would be folding.

But, you can keep TL and his playing favorites. I'll pass.

Your kid is clearly an EHF disciple that woke up one day when he was 16 and realized that him being "elite" all those years meant nothing.

Sorry your kid got cut from the Generals.

Anon
Your kid is clearly an EHF disciple that woke up one day when he was 16 and realized that him being "elite" all those years meant nothing.

Sorry your kid got cut from the Generals.
Problem is much bigger than one kid with sour grapes for not making a legit USA Hockey JR league team.

NCDC took a huge risk shunning USA Hockey. USA Hockey's counter punch may be putting the shun on NCDC. NCAA D1 depends too much on USA Hockey's USHL and NAHL players to let rogue NCDC upset that apple cart. From the looks of NCDC's in season commits, one could think the NCAA D1 shun is on for players foolish enough, like NCDC, to shun Big Brother USA Hockey.

NCDC has to make peace with USA Hockey, and for the sake of its players, it better do it soon.

I was at both Titans- Generals games last weekend. That is what real junior hockey is. The Generals really made it special for the players with a top-notch presentation. The stands were packed and scouts were practically hanging off the rafters. Few overage players. Fast and physical play all game long. Take in a Generals game and then drive up 128 to Foxboro and see the difference.

PG
I was at both Titans- Generals games last weekend. That is what real junior hockey is. The Generals really made it special for the players with a top-notch presentation. The stands were packed and scouts were practically hanging off the rafters. Few overage players. Fast and physical play all game long. Take in a Generals game and then drive up 128 to Foxboro and see the difference.
Thanks, JL. BTW, I know you are used to driving up and down 24, but that isn't 128 south of the Split.

For the NCDCers, is the plan to rejoin USA Hockey next season? Any hints on direction from the front office?

anon
For the NCDCers, is the plan to rejoin USA Hockey next season? Any hints on direction from the front office?
It isn't that they didn't join, USA Hockey refused to grant Tier II status because of the funding model. That isn't going to change, so NCDC has no choice but to stay the course.

I also haven't heard any of the "taxed" parents complaining, though. They don't even know they're being charged extra.

But, I sincerely doubt USA Hockey is going to acknowledge that.