Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 minute penalties

I've seen just the opposite. Hitting is up and skating and skill is down. Some of these D-1 h.s. games look like town midget games. Kids just running kids to run them.

My better question is, why haven't they moved onto 18 minute periods (if not 20 minute periods)? All of these kids play in tournaments that have longer periods - and don't say 'money.' 9 minutes a game is not breaking any bank

Hitting is not a penalty. What you are seeing is bad hockey.

anon
I've seen just the opposite. Hitting is up and skating and skill is down. Some of these D-1 h.s. games look like town midget games. Kids just running kids to run them.

My better question is, why haven't they moved onto 18 minute periods (if not 20 minute periods)? All of these kids play in tournaments that have longer periods - and don't say 'money.' 9 minutes a game is not breaking any bank
Except, that is exactly what it is. Longer games = more ice + longer ambulance and EMT coverage = more $$$.

Sorry if this doesn't agree with your sensibilities, but most decisions come down to money.

I don't see emt`s at HS hockey games

Anon
I don't see emt`s at HS hockey games
Jesus.

MIAA Rules and Regulations Governing Athletics

72. Ice Hockey

72.3 A licensed physician, licensed trainer or certified EMT must be in attendance and on duty for all varsity ice
hockey games.

Broaden your mind. Just because your personal experience is otherwise doesn't make it so.

anon
Anon
I don\'t see emt`s at HS hockey games
Jesus.

72. Ice Hockey

72.3 A licensed physician, licensed trainer or certified EMT must be in attendance and on duty for all varsity ice
hockey games.

Broaden your mind. Just because your personal experience is otherwise doesn't make it so.
Dude - 99% of HS teams have licensed trainers. Game coverage is part of their salary. No EMT's.

Anon
anon
Anon
I don\\\'t see emt`s at HS hockey games
Jesus.

72. Ice Hockey

hockey games.

Broaden your mind. Just because your personal experience is otherwise doesn\'t make it so.
Dude - 99% of HS teams have licensed trainers. Game coverage is part of their salary. No EMT's.
Thank you. Did you poll all the schools to come up with that stat?

I see private EMTs at rinks all the time. I'm sure it isn't that I happen to be hitting the 1% with that kind of regularity.

Which is an added expense. Which was my point.

You're probably the same one that said adding three minutes of clock time to each period adds 9 minutes to a game. More like 30 with the number of stoppages they have in poorly played HS games.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
I don\\\\\\\'t see emt`s at HS hockey games
Jesus.

72. Ice Hockey

hockey games.

Broaden your mind. Just because your personal experience is otherwise doesn\\\'t make it so.
Dude - 99% of HS teams have licensed trainers. Game coverage is part of their salary. No EMT\'s.
Thank you. Did you poll all the schools to come up with that stat?

I see private EMTs at rinks all the time. I'm sure it isn't that I happen to be hitting the 1% with that kind of regularity.

Which is an added expense. Which was my point.

You're probably the same one that said adding three minutes of clock time to each period adds 9 minutes to a game. More like 30 with the number of stoppages they have in poorly played HS games.
When there are a sting of high school games at Foxboro or Babson College (two places I recently watching family play), I have noticed an EMT/Ambulance detail that stay at the rink for the games. Just an observation; I have no idea why some games have EMT's while others don't.

Recent high school game the players had to wait and not get onto the EMT arrived (35 minutes late) because it's an MIAA rule.

anon
Recent high school game the players had to wait and not get onto the EMT arrived (35 minutes late) because it's an MIAA rule.
Must be one of those 1% games I'm so good at finding randomly...

anon
MIAA requires a site supervisor and a 'certified' trainer/emt on site before a game can start. one person can fill both roles. i have never seen an ambulance at one of our games (girls) going on five years but am aware that Pentucket boys has an ambulance and (oddly) a trainer on site.